Rocket Sightings

Bobs05

.060 Over
Ride
2005 R3, 1998 R1200C
We have a thread over at Chromeheads called "C Sightings." Members are able to document when and where they see other Cs on the road. Given the fact that the Rocket is almost as rare the R1200C, anybody interested in such a thread here?

We saw 2 R3Ts on the road, the first turned north on NJ 29 in Frenchtown a little before 10 am. The second was turning north on NJ 31 from County 579 near Harbourtown about 3:45 this afternoon. Anybody here?

In the last 2 years I've only seen 3 in my area, none since I bought mine in May of this year. The rarity makes for a lot of curious looks at me when I'm riding.

I've only seen 2 locally, aside from getting together with forum members. I was in Jersey earlier in the week, actually, but not on either of those routes.

Back at the beginning of August I ran into another Rocket. My wife and I were on our way home from OK. We stopped at a station just north of Denton for gas and Gatorade. As we were getting ready to leave, I heard a Rocket coming in.
He did not see our bike so I walked up to him and joked that only one Rocket could park here at a time. He laughed and pulled up next to our bike. He had the same model, same year, same color and got it from the same dealer!
We now meet every Sunday for breakfast and a ride with a good group of riders. We are the only two Rockets in the group.

Back at the beginning of August I ran into another Rocket. My wife and I were on our way home from OK. We stopped at a station just north of Denton for gas and Gatorade. As we were getting ready to leave, I heard a Rocket coming in.
He did not see our bike so I walked up to him and joked that only one Rocket could park here at a time. He laughed and pulled up next to our bike. He had the same model, same year, same color and got it from the same dealer!
We now meet every Sunday for breakfast and a ride with a good group of riders. We are the only two Rockets in the group.

How cool is that!? It was a good thing the two of you and the bike were thirsty at that exact time.

Back