Marky Mark

.060 Over
Ride
"Christine" 2007 Rocket III
HI,

I've negotiated funding authorization from my household's C.F.O. for a new bike, and am looking for a Rocket. Most likely a Roadster, but wouldn't rule out a screaming deal on a Touring. I've been riding since 1985, have had a wide variety of sport and sport-touring bikes, currently an Aprilia Caponord adventure tourer. The Ape is a nice bike, but I've found the whole "ADV" thing wanting. Most big ADV bikes are slow relevant to comparable sport tourers, but too big and heavy off road to be good trail bikes. Besides, 'adventure' is a state of mind, several people have gone around the world on 900lb Harleys anyway! I want something more solid on the highway, and comfortable for Mrs. Marky.

I'll be poking around here for advice on setup and accessories, and also to learn the various quirks of the RIII as well. I don't do engine internals, but do quite a bit of minor maintenance. I've done a lot of upgrades/fixes on the Aprilia, generally a solid bike, but the electrics can be dodgy. I'm looking for a either a "new leftover", or a sub-10k mile used Rocket.

Anyway, I look forward to learning here.

Cheers!

Welcome MM and good luck with the bargain hunting and I'm sure you'll have plenty of adventures on the Rocket. I hear ya on the Caponord - Buy your Rocket and use it to tow around a TT or CR, best of both worlds with no compromises! Your welcome ;)

Welcome to the site and good luck in your search. Although marginally worse off-road than your average 1200cc adventure bike, a Rocket's probably the best all rounder on the market in every other respect.

Back