WyldCFH

Drop a Gear and Disappear!
Ride
'20 Ducati Panigale V4 S
The Rocket is gone, in it's place a 2018 KTM 1290 Super Duke R...

New SuperDuke R.jpg
26256260271624.jpg

Envy is a sin, envy is a sin, envy i.....

Enjoy! :thumbsup:
I guess there comes a time in all riders lives when the bike they lusted for no longer becomes the pride and envy of others. Some of us due to gluttony have become sloth like and instead of dealing with the the wrath search for a more comfortable ride. After owning the Rocket for 13 years if anything goes wrong and breaks down at this point I'm not going to get greedy I'll just leave it on the side of the road and walk home...;)

For how long though? He looks way to big for it, I’d imagine it isn’t real comfy either

It is more comfy stock than the Rocket was. When I first sat on the Rocket, my knees and hips told me outright I was buying a new seat and highway pegs. This was before even taking it for a test ride. Riding anything more than an hour or so on the stock seat and my @ss was hurting. I had approximately $1500.00 USD into making it more comfortable.

I have not had one joint tell me it did not like the riding position yet. 3.5 hour ride home from the dealership and no complaints from the body. This is also where research come into play. I spent weeks reading forum reviews of people over 6 foot tall and none of them had complaints either. I am 6'4.5. Add to the fact that swinging my leg over the pillion actually rubs the seat and I would suggest the bike is to tall for the average person.

If you are referring to weight, letting out the clutch starts forward movement just as easy as the Rocket did. We are talking a bike the weighs ~450lbs and has almost 100 lbft. torque.

Back