Rocket missing

seeya

Supercharged
Getting ready to trade my Rocket in but I have a slight miss in the engine at idle and low RPM's. I just recently replaced the Primary TPS, adjusted to .60, reset ISCV, and now I have a miss. I have gone over everything I could think of that might be causing it, replaced plugs, cleaned and lubed all connections under tank, cleaned crank sensor, I'll probaly pull and check it again just to be sure. All the plugs looked good except the second from the front was darker then the rest of them like it may have been misfiring. I've read on here that some have tested the coil lead to the plugs and found bad, and replaced the lead, if so how do you test???? and how do you replace if bad???. also is there anything else I should look for tha could be causing the miss, dirty injectors, etc. I've been going all over the bike to make sure everything is good to go, even though I'm trading it in I want the bike to be solid

I had a miss on mine from idle up to about 2200 rpm's..it turned out to be one of three vacuum lines from the injectors had come off where they all tie into a junction block? or whatever it's called..under the tank, in between the frame rails you'll find it..

IF you think it may be a dirty injector throw some Sea Foam at it. About a quarter - half bottle to a tank full will clean most anything in the fuel system. Again, if you think it to be something dirty in the fuel delivery.

well I did check low side of the coils, front was hard to get to, checked the vac. lines, all good so I out some injector cleaner in and only ran it for ablot 35 miles and it is doing better, so that may have been my problem. I have been running super in it and I live in a small town and probably the only one burning it, and I do know better, so hopefully that will take care of it. I put everything stock back on it and now I'm falling in love with it again, nice and quiet, lot of power and torque, it's like dating the wrong woman, you can't get enough of it, can't stay away from it but you know it's not a good thing

Yeah it's not aways a good thing but that's the way I am, my girlfriend says I'm wasting my time and money, my sister thinks I'm crazy but that's the way I am. I had just recently replaced the pinion bearings in the final drive and have about 2000 miles on it since then and was concerned about it so I tore it apart again so I could eyeball it and make sure everything was good in there, everything looked good. I just didn't want something to happen to it going down the road because of something I did.

Back