RockOn

Turbocharged
Ride
2006 R3 Classic, 2008 R3T, 2009 Harley Ultra
I rode across town several miles this afternoon on my recently purchased '06 Rocket Classic to have a couple spare keys made at a local locksmith. I was taken aback by the very distorted image I was seeing in both of my rear view mirrors. It was very much like watching scenes shot through the glass windows in westerns trying to replicate the view through the glass common to the old days back in the 1870's, or so. It was very wavy, distorted....WTF? Have my mirrors deteriorated over time or were they like this from the factory? In any case I need new mirrors. Comments and recommendations are very much appreciated. I would like to purchase mirrors as close to the original Triumph Rocket mirrors as possible.....without the distortion.

Many Thanks,

VR
Escondido, CA

Last edited:
I have tried a few different mirrors and always go back to the stock ones mainly for the coverage they provide, fancy looking mirrors are no good if they restrict your view, on my 2005 and my 2011 Rockets even at speeds over 100mph the mirrors are rock solid and the view is clear.

These are what I have run on my R3R for over five years.
They work well for me and provide signals with extra visibility front and rear.
They are not cheap, but well worth the investment to me and even survived my bad crash a few years ago.
They also come in black if preferred.

I have tried a few different mirrors and always go back to the stock ones mainly for the coverage they provide, fancy looking mirrors are no good if they restrict your view, on my 2005 and my 2011 Rockets even at speeds over 100mph the mirrors are rock solid and the view is clear.

So, apparently, something is wrong with my stock mirrors.

All the triumph mirrors are very high quality!! I have switched to the oval ones and they Have better rear view than the Mickey Mouse mirrors.

Well, these are stock mirrors(well, now I am wondering) and they SUCK and are not "high quality" unless some kind of environmental condition caused them to go from "high quality" to bat-*hit. Very strange. Thanks.

I certainly agree stock is preferable from the originality point of view and even more certainly if they are good mirrors.....mine are not!

Well, these are stock mirrors(well, now I am wondering) and they SUCK and are not "high quality" unless some kind of environmental condition caused them to go from "high quality" to bat-*hit. Very strange. Thanks.

I agree the stock ones are not as high quality as their replacement mirrors but the I’ve never had an issue with distortion or vibration.
That said all of triumphs upgraded mirrors are definitely high quality.

My OEM were brand new as was the bike.
The field of view was fine and they worked OK - at a stop!
Once riding down the roads they vibrated awful, especially at freeway speeds +++.
The Rivco have much sturdier stems.

Back