Rocket indicators. Self cancelling?

alanjball

Standard Bore
Ride
Rocket X
Hi all. Can anyone confirm that some of the rocket family have self cancelling indicators? I have a rocket x which certainly does not. Can this be done? Is it a triumph part? Aftermarket part? Many thanks.

My '14 Roadster does not have self-canceling indicators. Kisan makes some that are programmable to blink for set amounts of time: 8, 16, and 24 seconds (or maybe 10, 20, and 30 sec).
NewR3.com sells them here, but it doesn't look like they're the latest version: signalMinder Turn Signal Canceler for the New Triumph Rocket III.
You can find out more about Kisan's Signal Minder at their website here: SM-1 - Part Finder.

Last edited:
Thanks Bob I had read that some do so went to the dealership today and they said that no Rockets have that function. A bit more product knowledge needed it seems.
My 2013 R3T has self cancelling turn indicators. I believe the T is the only one that does, but not 100% sure. I wonder if it is a function of the ECU?

bob

You can buy a signal minder that provides the function for Roadsters / Standards / Classics

My 2013 R3T has self cancelling turn indicators. I believe the T is the only one that does, but not 100% sure. I wonder if it is a function of the ECU?

bob
Hi Bob was that factory fitted from new?

Yes, is from the factory that way. I seldom use it though, I grew up always having to cancel signals so it is second nature to me to cancel them myself.

bob

Each time I ride a bike with self cancelling indicators I find myself turning them off almost as often as I leave them to do it. And then when I get back on my bike without them, I keep leaving the buggers on. It's such a safety issue that you'd think, given that the technology is simply and cheaply available, that they'd be mandatory by now or at the very least included as standard fitment on all new bikes.

I have the Kisan on my R3R and they have worked great for 3 years.
I can not remember the correct model for our bikes off hand, but be careful to get the correct one.

Back