george stokes

Standard Bore
Ride
2008 rocket 3 classic
hello everyone i have a 2008 rocket III classic with 33,000 miles, and i have ran into a problem. i noticed the unit as slow at starting sometimes then one cold morning in the great state of georgia the unit wouldn't start at all. so i letit sit for a week on the charger, went out one saturday and the **** thing fired up ran like **** tho, so i changed the plugs drained the gas went and got a new battery now the thing just spends over, no spark. so i give up because me and my wife were introducing our second daughter. after coming from the hospital went out and it fired up, ran great, went out the next morning to start her up no luck just spends and spends over but no spark, i took the ignition swtich off and hot wired it to see if that was the cause o the problem but no luck. also hooked up my scan tool to see i any codes but no codes. only things been done to the bike is the cat delete with the powercommander o2 plug with a powercommander(which has been taken off)

My 2008 classic is the same in cold weather or if been sitting for a long time even if on trickle charger. have bought spare battery and fitted same connector as trickle charger with cables to it and carry it every where i go.Just plug it in to trickle charger connector and away we go once started not a problem.Agree with @1K9 these bikes need a car battery

My 2008 classic is the same in cold weather or if been sitting for a long time even if on trickle charger. have bought spare battery and fitted same connector as trickle charger with cables to it and carry it every where i go.Just plug it in to trickle charger connector and away we go once started not a problem.Agree with @1K9 these bikes need a car battery

Recently had to call AAA to rescue me from a dead battery in my car. 5 year old battery wouldn't take a charge anymore, so they sold me a new battery($150). This thread now has me thinking about getting battery booster gizmos, one to switch back and forth and carry on my bikes and another for the cars. Many brands out there. Looks like a 500 amp boosters average about 50 bucks on Amazon. Didn't realize they typically have ports for USB charging too.

Recently had to call AAA to rescue me from a dead battery in my car. 5 year old battery wouldn't take a charge anymore, so they sold me a new battery($150). This thread now has me thinking about getting battery booster gizmos, one to switch back and forth and carry on my bikes and another for the cars. Many brands out there. Looks like a 500 amp boosters average about 50 bucks on Amazon. Didn't realize they typically have ports for USB charging too.

Yea got some great jump boosters out there now and not much bigger than a phone and not big prices. Most though will only turn your the motor over for about 10 seconds at a time then you have to stop and wait for 30 seconds to a minute before trying again don't ask me how i know:laugh:but don't have that trouble with spare battery but as my spare battery was bought by mistake when chasing a different starting problem thought i would put it to some use.But if changing between bike and car, booster better option:thumbsup:

I had same - battery was ag fault

at (there you go fixed it)

Mine turns over ok but if really cold takes a while to fire and can kill the battery really quick even if fully charged so always keep spare battery for extra boost.Summer time not a problem but in the winter always prepared and when touring cos you never know:D

at (there you go fixed it)

Mine turns over ok but if really cold takes a while to fire and can kill the battery really quick even if fully charged so always keep spare battery for extra boost.Summer time not a problem but in the winter always prepared and when touring cos you never know:D
Stupoid productoive toxty :confused::confused:

Back