Rocket down for a while

TxRIIIRider

Living Legend
I'll be parking the Rocket for a while after this weekend. My tank has a small bubble coming up on it so it will be going to visit the painter sometime next week. Also, installing Jardines, putting stock rear turn signals back on, replacing all brake pads (thanks Flip!) and flushing the brake lines, and giving it a good cleaning in spots I can't normally reach.. :) Also will throw in an oil change at this time as well.

The Trophy is getting some maintenance this weekend as well, as it appears that the fuel cap is not venting properly, or I have a vacuum hose pinched somewhere under the tank. Hopefull I will get this fixed so I can have the Trophy while the Rocket is down!.. :) It's getting new brake pads as well.. (thanks to Flip again!) and will be down for real maintenance after the Rocket is back on the road.

Last edited:
If you'd kept your corbins none of this would have happend:) or if it did, you could fill them up with gas. Whats the odds of having two motorcycles down at once? Sounds like my luck.

Thats about the only thing thats nice about having 6 months of winter all your bikes are down so all you have to do is work on them or polish them. So long as you have a carpeted and heated garage with speed channel on the big screen and booze in the fridge.:D:D But to tell the truth I'd rather live in fredricksburg, nothing beats a Christmas ride or a beer in luchenbach .

Living down here is a good thing for riding! That's why my 5,000 mile oil changes end up being 8,000 mile oil changes.. lol (Triumph recommends 10,000) It's still kind of chilly in the morning at times, and my Jardines are here, so I figure now's as good of a time as I'm gonna get.. :)

Back