rocket across america? in vegas for a couple days then heading back east...

teraeric

Turbocharged
Ride
2012 r3r
i figured i'd see if any las vegas captains were wanting to maybe ride today or tomorrow (may 21-22) since i am in town...

i actually just trailered the r3r from orlando to vegas, stopping at: rickwood caverns, al; alabaster caverns, ok; golden gate canyon park, co; rifle falls, co; arches, ut; capitol reef, ut; bryce canyon, ut; on the way from orlando... some great rides...

i am busily plotting the route home, heading out monday morning doing the south route... probably across 40 and down through area 51 to carlsbad caverns then east to caverns at sonora and then ???...

will try to post before weekends to see if i'll be in anyone's vicinity to maybe do local ride...

Attachments

• DSC_0299.JPG
    DSC_0299.JPG
    361.1 KB · Views: 1
i figured i'd see if any las vegas captains were wanting to maybe ride today or tomorrow (may 21-22) since i am in town...

i actually just trailered the r3r from orlando to vegas, stopping at: rickwood caverns, al; alabaster caverns, ok; golden gate canyon park, co; rifle falls, co; arches, ut; capitol reef, ut; bryce canyon, ut; on the way from orlando... some great rides...

i am busily plotting the route home, heading out monday morning doing the south route... probably across 40 and down through area 51 to carlsbad caverns then east to caverns at sonora and then ???...

will try to post before weekends to see if i'll be in anyone's vicinity to maybe do local ride...
20160519_164317.jpg

Alabaster caverns, ok do not know what day you were at this cavern but I am only about 50 miles away. All flat land around here have a great time on your trip :D

what about here in the four corners area?you were not to far from me if you went through Bryce,moab?still some nice places to see fere ,mesa verde ,durango,Ouray,san juan river flies only 21 inch limit or throw the trout back

what about here in the four corners area?you were not to far from me if you went through Bryce,moab?still some nice places to see fere ,mesa verde ,durango,Ouray,san juan river flies only 21 inch limit or throw the trout back

was trying to stay offline for the first 2 week portion of the trip so didn't post earlier... won't be back that far north this trip...

Sounds like a great trip! Be sure and do the ride around north Lake Mead and hit the Valley of Fire roads. Beautiful scenery and incredible roads. If you decide to come out to Southern California let me know and I'll take you on some great routes.

Sounds like a great trip! Be sure and do the ride around north Lake Mead and hit the Valley of Fire roads. Beautiful scenery and incredible roads. If you decide to come out to Southern California let me know and I'll take you on some great routes.

I grew up in sun valley... still have family in canyon country... not getting over that far this trip, have to be back in Orlando within 2 weeks. probably make it all the way over there on the next trip in the fall...

Last edited:
Sounds like a great trip.
I like your rig. Are you with the wife and riding together or meeting up at different places?
I am considering doing this also and would like to hear how you are doing this.

Sounds like a great trip.
I like your rig. Are you with the wife and riding together or meeting up at different places?
I am considering doing this also and would like to hear how you are doing this.

we just drive from place to place (we had no set plan, just get to lv in 2 weeks)... if we find somewhere nice we stay a couple days... we make up the miles by doing longer driving days (nights) if we hang out too long somewhere... we just stay at rest stops overnight once i get tired on the long drive days... rv is fully self sufficient... snooze, get up and take a shower, roll on...

we just roll out the bike and ride around wherever we park (on one long drive day we just pulled off the road, unloaded the bike, and rode off on some little side road for a couple hours), the wife is not ready to drive the rig and i am recovering from shoulder and hand surgery, so a couple hours a day at most riding for now (and doctors would probably be pissed if they knew i was riding at all)...

Back