Rocket 3T headlamp installation

Chip

Turbocharged
Ride
08 Rocket Touring, 15 Rocket Touring
Help. I must be having a dam* Senior moment. I took the main headlight front off the bucket. Simple, 2 screws. As I tipped the reflector down towards the fender the bulb came out of the reflector. PROBLEM. I can't figure out the clip that holds the bulb in. I've played around with different types of inexpensive bulbs multiple times. I'm can't explain how frustrating not remembering how to attach the ...... clip!
Any help would be appreciated ....

This is the exploded drawing from the manual @idk offers in his signature:

upload_2019-5-7_15-20-26.png

Isn't exactly missing, but certainly isn't clear. The clip is on a hinge inside the bucket. When the H4 bulb, with its three tabs fit in the slots, then the spring clip has sufficient clearance to fold over the bulb, pressing down on the bulb's rim, and the end of the clip hooks under a lip opposite of the hinge.

I’m sorry that my post will be of no use to you. I replace my headlamp and auxiliary lights with LED Trucklites a couple years ago and I thought I would pull out the old light and show you what you are looking at. I have searched high and low and I have no clue what I did with the lights. I want you to know I tried..Sorry. :thumbsdown::banghead::mad::eek:

Alright Robert, you inspired me.

I found mine.

This is how the back of the headlight should look, minus the electrical connector:

20190507_172252.jpg

Then, remove the weather boot:

Triumph_Touring_headlight.jpg

The blue arrow is the hinge point for the spring clip.

The red arrow is the finger tab of the spring clip.

The green arrow is the tab, under which the locking arm (not seen here, obscured by the finger tab and the dark) is retained.

Alright Robert, you inspired me.

I found mine.

This is how the back of the headlight should look, minus the electrical connector:

20190507_172252.jpg

Then, remove the weather boot:

Triumph_Touring_headlight.jpg

The blue arrow is the hinge point for the spring clip.

The red arrow is the finger tab of the spring clip.

The green arrow is the tab, under which the locking arm (not seen here, obscured by the finger tab and the dark) is retained.
Perfect! I'm just a simple minded Engineer. The spring clip has come completely loose. Now I can use your picture to follow. I've spent 3 hrs. Screwing around with it. Ran out of cuss words....
Thanks. I'm used to looking at prints but my service manual isn't clear about the spring clip. As usual, this forum, or individuals have come through with the knowledge.

Just a follow up. I took my I Pad down to my shop. I took a couple of minutes to reinstall the wire bracket. Following the picture made a three hour disaster into a simple 2 minute job. You guys don't know how much I appreciate the help! Thanks again.

Back