Rocket 3 Windshields...or windscreens...or woodwinds...or whatever!!!

Mike_Meyerhoff

Standard Bore
Ride
2017 Rocket 3
Hello all...

I just bought (...and by just I mean hours ago) a 2017 R3 Roadster and I'm getting TOTALY lost with regards to finding a decent windshield...I was hoping ya'll could help.
The R3 I bought has no windshield/screen whatsoever. I really want something reasonably detachable so I can scoot around town without one, but most of my rides are a few hours long and I do want to ride in relative comfort (minimal buffeting, minimal noise, minimal bugs in my face, etc.). I've spent a LOT of time sifting through articles and blogs on the subject, but have not found any good solutions. Today I spent 20 minutes on the phone with a Triumph dealer who confused me even more when trying to tell me about Triumph's windscreens as opposed to windshields and whatnot (didn't matter...in the end he said he had not experience with the 17 R3 and couldn't really advise me). I also found a few outfits which apparently make a nice shield, but would require me to get custom bracketing...its 2021...there HAS to be a few good options!

I'd rather stick to something made by Triumph (assuming its a better operational fit), but don't mind terribly going with an outside manufacturer if the shield/screen was high quality and fit correctly. In short, I'm just a 5'10" dude who wants to get the most out of this bike in relative comfort. Any thoughts? I'll also be getting some floor boards and a better passenger set up (my wife needs back and arm rests if she's going to ride) down the road, but the windshield/screen is most important.

Thanks!

Hello all...

I just bought (...and by just I mean hours ago) a 2017 R3 Roadster and I'm getting TOTALY lost with regards to finding a decent windshield...I was hoping ya'll could help.
The R3 I bought has no windshield/screen whatsoever. I really want something reasonably detachable so I can scoot around town without one, but most of my rides are a few hours long and I do want to ride in relative comfort (minimal buffeting, minimal noise, minimal bugs in my face, etc.). I've spent a LOT of time sifting through articles and blogs on the subject, but have not found any good solutions. Today I spent 20 minutes on the phone with a Triumph dealer who confused me even more when trying to tell me about Triumph's windscreens as opposed to windshields and whatnot (didn't matter...in the end he said he had not experience with the 17 R3 and couldn't really advise me). I also found a few outfits which apparently make a nice shield, but would require me to get custom bracketing...its 2021...there HAS to be a few good options!

I'd rather stick to something made by Triumph (assuming its a better operational fit), but don't mind terribly going with an outside manufacturer if the shield/screen was high quality and fit correctly. In short, I'm just a 5'10" dude who wants to get the most out of this bike in relative comfort. Any thoughts? I'll also be getting some floor boards and a better passenger set up (my wife needs back and arm rests if she's going to ride) down the road, but the windshield/screen is most important.

Thanks!

Hello all...

Thanks!
Clearview is probably the best aftermarket brand. However they only sell the screen itself. You need to have the hardware.

Hello @Mike_Meyerhoff and welcome from Virginia. Triumph does make a windscreen specific for your bike. I am not sure what planet the dealer was on that you spoke with. Keep in mind the R3R you have has been out of production for several years now so the stock will dwindle soon.

I do not know who makes the brackets if you cannot find the one Triumph makes.

WELCOME! to our R3 family from from Miami, FL.... As I ride a '14 Touring, I don't have an answer for you. Hopefully others will be along shortly. Enjoy your new perma-grin :thumbsup: :cool:
-MIG

Hello all...

Thanks!
Hi..I am in the same position. I purchased a 2017 R3R with 500 miles a month ago. I have the same issue with locating a windshield with the hardware. Have you had any luck.thanks

I have a Triumph Windshield and Fixing Kit for sale

Attachments

• 20210527_112108.jpg
    20210527_112108.jpg
    214.5 KB · Views: 16
  • 20210527_112124.jpg
    20210527_112124.jpg
    306.5 KB · Views: 16
  • 20210527_112134.jpg
    20210527_112134.jpg
    161.2 KB · Views: 15
  • 20210527_112140.jpg
    20210527_112140.jpg
    169.2 KB · Views: 15
  • 20210527_112211.jpg
    20210527_112211.jpg
    140.1 KB · Views: 16
Nice! I assume this fits 2017 R3R? What is your price?
Thanks
Yes it came off my 2015 Roadster I bought new to me back in May of this year, it had 3700 ish miles on it, condition wise the Windshield is perfect, the brackets were painted black looking for $275 + shipping for all of it. PM me if interested.

Back