corrcullen

Standard Bore
I really want to buy a Rocket 3 soon, but my only concern is getting it through my side entrance to store it in my shed at the back of my house.
For security, it's not possible to leave it at the front of my house when not in use.
The width of my side entrance is 960mm, but according to the spec of the Rocket Roadster on the internet, the width of the bike is 970mm (between the 2 walls)
Is this width at the handlebars, or the mirrors, or what is the widest part of the bike?
Am guessing I can't fit a 970mm bike through a 960mm gap so the dream of owning a rocket is not possible?

just enter the doorway a little off-center and the angle should be enough to get you through the threshold. once through the door you'll have a few extra inches on either side to play with and you'll be fine. Unless the room behind it is the exact same width as the doorway. In which case you'll have to come in with a little speed and tilt at the angle of entry and come to a quick stop and drop the stand before you fall over.

Never let linear measurements stop your dream :)

When I was looking at Rockets back when, and had the same question, I found the specifications on the Triumph website to be accurate.

just enter the doorway a little off-center and the angle should be enough to get you through the threshold. once through the door you'll have a few extra inches on either side to play with and you'll be fine. Unless the room behind it is the exact same width as the doorway. In which case you'll have to come in with a little speed and tilt at the angle of entry and come to a quick stop and drop the stand before you fall over.

Never let linear measurements stop your dream :)

Exactly, turn the bars a little one way, move forward until one bar end has passed threshold, lean bike the direction of the bar end that is through, put other side through, move forward & you're in!

Back