Mrbuickstage1

Going fast with class
Ride
2007 rocket classic + 2020 gt
Believe it or not I have a rocket classic running great when purchased it. me being a hot rodder guy wanted more so here it goes I’ve leaned a great deal about the rocket and love it but had no understanding of EFI and programming TUNECU , my experience is not good with matters of sort but ,I’ve leaned it’s not that bad if you use tune ecu and get with guys on this forms you learn fast.
My story started when I purchased a aftermarket gear indicator LED light also know as ATRE ( advance timing retard elimator) then without testing one that at a time I put a custom exhaust 3into 1 slip on
Sounds great but during trying to run with a coast trip to Tampa was trirable,exhaust was so red and thought I was going to blow straight up WOW that was 5 months ago and today I was sick of this bike running lean with all the tune ecu knowleadge I’ve gain with help from hanso thinks again and YOUTUBE I may need to do a video my rocket is finally running great
Moral of the story if it ant broke don’t fix it !! my bike is faster with the wheel in the air but really be careful of after market stuff they all need tuning
Peace and love

Generally if you do an exhaust upgrade without a proper tune you will be lean. I bought mine with Jardines and it had been loaded with the TORS tune by the dealer....it was OK, but lean enough to cause decel popping....fattening up the tune the slightest bit cured that!

Back