Rocket 3 Roadster front master cylinder retro fit to 2005 R3?

Hipporider

Supercharged
Ride
2005 Rocket 3, 2010 R3R
Well my title sums it up really .Ive got the oh so familiar soggy front brake lever ,i can pull the lever to the bar when i'm parked. i had the bike professionally bled and was told by the mech that my master cylinder needed rebuilding. 120,000klm on the clock.
I'm wondering if the latest Roadster master cylinder can be retro fitted to my 2005 R3 as i suspect the master cylinders for my model bike may be poorly designed,unless of course they have re designed the front master cylinders for all R3's?

Triumph's parts website used to indicate what engine number the part changed at, but unfortunately not anymore it appears.
They have 2 front brake controls assys, 2 master cyl, and 2 brake levers. so from that it would appear that somewhere along the way there was a change along the way.
if you're only going rebuilding the MC, i'd say stick with the older part number (either assume it's the first of the 2 listed, or phone triumph to ask) - if changing to newer MC then best get the entire front brake control assembly to be sure as we don#t know what the change was

Cheers for that, Turbo. Yeah, it'll get rather expensive changing all that gear.
Btw, i use a modified version of your signature. "If it's got tits, wheels or a hard drive, it'll give you trouble" .... for the ladies, just adjust the gender and it should work just as well. ;-)

Haha yes ur right I had used "or a cpu" in it too but didn't want to get too long winded

Back