at6c

Standard Bore
Ride
Rocket 3T
My 2014 Rocket 3 Touring developed a P1698 error code this weekend. The code is a sensor supply battery circuit error. The .pdf manual I have doesn't list the code or the trouble shooting procedure. If anyone has a manual with that info I would appreciate a copy of the pages. Thanks.
George

Copied from Triumphrat.net

P1698 is a code for "Voltage control circuit malfunction". Sounds like a problem with the rectifier/regulator. If you have a multimeter measure the voltage at the battery with the engine running at a fast idle. Should be over 13 volts but no more than 14.8 or so.

Go with that as a first line of investigation. Before condemning the rectifier however, load test the battery, to see if it is near end of life.

P1698 refers to the 5V sensor supply error - so not the 'Main' Regulator/Rectifier, it's the ECU's internal 5V regulator.

If the 5V is really toast, there's nothing you can do about that except replace the ECU

However - it is more likely to be being caused by one of the 5V sensors -
That could be
TPS
Secondary TPS
Ambient Pressure Sensor
MAP Sensor
Fall detect switch.

You can measure the 5V at the Pink Wire on any of those sensors
You can also see it reported using TuneECU - this method is best and you can monitor what happens as you disconnect each of those sensors.

Some background/history please - did this just start happening out of the blue, or was it following some service event, even if you do not believe it to be related?

Are/were there any other errors besides that one?
What happens when you clear it - does it immediately return?

Incidentally where are you located? You should add this info to your profile

Thanks for the replies. This started Sunday out of the blue. Running voltage is 13.5, but the battery seems suspect. I cleared the code and started the bike and so far the code has not returned. This is the only code. Also I have a new battery on order so after that is installed further testing will follow.
Regards,
George

Back