Rocket 3 de-restriction & Dyno run - YouTube video

Jagster

Torque junkie
Ride
2020 Rocket 3R
Here's an interesting step by step video. Give the guy a 'like'........He might be encouraged to do more 'how to's on the Rocket3 :)

I'm a bit clueless when it comes down to the nitty gritty of preset riding modes and the subject of tuning, so I found this video quite helpful as an initial look into how the different rider modes are laid out in the mapping data and I think I can now see from this video that it is possible to just de-restrict the bike in say, 'rider' mode only. Therefore not affecting say, 'rain' mode.

This sort of stuff might have already been explained clearly elsewhere on the forum.
If so, it would be great if someone in the know drops a link into this thread so this resource can be referenced together.

huge gain?
its all same everywhere, same gains from every other shop with modifying tune.

Penner has already provided this *huge* gain years ago for free.

its not *huge*
stock rocket dyno is 145hp at wheel and after penner tune the gain is around 163 - 167hp at wheel ,
145-167 = 22,

22 is not huge gain, its no doubt good gain but not huge

22more BHP IS 15 % MORE POWER FROM 145.

I found this video interesting........

I am pretty sure that you can not just adjust throttle opening and leave fuelling alone. If it opens throttle bodies from 65% to 100% and inject the same amount of fuel, then you have super lean mixture. Engine will run hot, burn valves, make holes in your pistons and throw cardan to orbit. Just buy that TuneEcu and Bluetooth dongle under 100 whatevermoney, download new nonrestricted map and you have cheapest horses ever to make that kind of remarkable gain.

Well, i adjusted that Penner map throttle openings downwards from 0 throttle few steps further in lower rews. It opens throttles 0 -> 0,4 and i put 0 -> 0,1 and faded it a bit further. When you roam, that on/off throttle is annoying and i got it a bit less clunky. It's good to have some throttle opening at higher rews to reduce engine breaking and no point to mess with it. Also that maps has in my bike little raspy area around 4000 rpm. It feels like a bit lean, but might be some kind of engine resonance area too. Around 3000 rpm is sweet pot for touring and it runs super smooth.

Back