lekkerding

.020 Over
Ride
Suzuki Boulevard C50, Harley Davidson XL1200N
ABS and CHECK led lights are always ON. Bike is just back from winter storage at T around +11C. Replaced oil, filter as usual and also break pads. No wheel removal or tyres changed. When riding got the feeling that ABS does not work. What might be the problem?

Welcome from Australia
with engine check light on also it sounds like you have a problem somewhere.
I'm sure the technical gurus will be along shortly.
ABS light wont go out till you are exceeding 10kmh...

Welcome from Australia

Hello from Russia) and thanks for quick reply)
Actually, we went upto to 40kmh yesterday , lights still ON. When put the bike for winter storage in November everything was OK.

Did you replace the brake pads before finding these ABS & Check Engine lights?

If so I would guess you might have accidentally damaged an ABS sensor/sensor cable when replacing pads.

You could start by checking the front and rear wheel ABS sensors are ok condition visually, that their cables are not damaged also.
Check that the front ABS disc (left side of wheel) and rear ABS disc are there and clean (left side of rear wheel).

In the mean time order a Lonelec cable and download TuneECU, you can then plug laptop into bike and read what fault codes are thrown, this time and any future occurrences

(you can also get TuneECU in an Android app, and a bluetooth plug if you prefer)

Did you replace the brake pads before finding these ABS & Check Engine lights?

If so I would guess you might have accidentally damaged an ABS sensor/sensor cable when replacing pads.

You could start by checking the front and rear wheel ABS sensors are ok condition visually, that their cables are not damaged also.
Check that the front ABS disc (left side of wheel) and rear ABS disc are there and clean (left side of rear wheel).

In the mean time order a Lonelec cable and download TuneECU, you can then plug laptop into bike and read what fault codes are thrown, this time and any future occurrences

(you can also get TuneECU in an Android app, and a bluetooth plug if you prefer)
ABS cable was accidentially off during pads replacement. Now ABS light light is gone, but still have Engine Check. Everything seems normal, perhaps we need to delete the warning code somehow now

Back