Victor K

.020 Over
Ride
Rocket 111 Classic 2005
Hi All,

Need help with R3 2005, have fitted TTS supercharger, now need map which will work with the supercharger and with a 2 bar map sensor, I'm using the TuneECU software so anyone that maybe able to help please give me a shout. I know TuneBoy have a map but I'm not sure if it can be uploaded using TuneECU.

Thanks ALL

Hi All,

Need help with R3 2005, have fitted TTS supercharger, now need map which will work with the supercharger and with a 2 bar map sensor, I'm using the TuneECU software so anyone that maybe able to help please give me a shout. I know TuneBoy have a map but I'm not sure if it can be uploaded using TuneECU.

Thanks ALL
Warp9.9 is a great resource on this topic.

Tune ECU does not have 2 bar capability you might want to send them a message and see if they can convert the map to 2 bar. I suspect they Should have the technology to alter the L table stuff.

Its hard to be politically correct on this subject as I do not want to upset any gurus who could help with the software!!!!!!

Tune ECU does not have 2 bar capability you might want to send them a message and see if they can convert the map to 2 bar. I suspect they Should have the technology to alter the L table stuff.

Its hard to be politically correct on this subject as I do not want to upset any gurus who could help with the software!!!!!!

Hi

Good to hear from you again, as always the right advise.

I have already emailed Tune ECU and waiting for a reply. Also have emailed Tune boy and hoping they can do a deal for me, as it would be for a one off use. I do not have a garage where I could re-cover some of the cost by allow others the use for a small cost.,

Hi

Good to hear from you again, as always the right advise.

I have already emailed Tune ECU and waiting for a reply. Also have emailed Tune boy and hoping they can do a deal for me, as it would be for a one off use. I do not have a garage where I could re-cover some of the cost by allow others the use for a small cost.,
I know what you mean I did my install and working the bugs out by myself back when there was no Tune ecu. I am sure Tune boy can supply you with the stuff although he does require money as they do like to eat !!!!!!!
as for how long well that's is sometimes quite a while. I remember how long it took to get mine converted. My bet is they mess more with bikes and ecu's that Tune ECU can not or has not messed with. I have other ideas but without strapping a lap top on the tank and riding I cannot confirm. I need to compare maps I have on my other lap top But I have wonder if each cell in the L tables will light up no matter what the numbers say. meaning it lights up in one axis because of throttle % voltage and the other axis from Map sensor voltage and if the ecu is just using the voltages point meaning who cares what the pressure numbers are they might as well be voltage signals. I remember discussing this with Wayne at tune boy years ago as if it were just voltages when you have her in a cell and its highlighted you just add or remove the pressure like lying to the ecu in the F tables telling it there is more air or less verses correcting the A/F ratio in the A/F tabs. Think of it as a CNC machine you can have multiple tool compensations set up for the same tool (both length and diameters) just so you can fool the computer. And then their is wear compensations one can mess with but no need to get off subject.

I know what you mean I did my install and working the bugs out by myself back when there was no Tune ecu. I am sure Tune boy can supply you with the stuff although he does require money as they do like to eat !!!!!!!
as for how long well that's is sometimes quite a while. I remember how long it took to get mine converted. My bet is they mess more with bikes and ecu's that Tune ECU can not or has not messed with. I have other ideas but without strapping a lap top on the tank and riding I cannot confirm. I need to compare maps I have on my other lap top But I have wonder if each cell in the L tables will light up no matter what the numbers say. meaning it lights up in one axis because of throttle % voltage and the other axis from Map sensor voltage and if the ecu is just using the voltages point meaning who cares what the pressure numbers are they might as well be voltage signals. I remember discussing this with Wayne at tune boy years ago as if it were just voltages when you have her in a cell and its highlighted you just add or remove the pressure like lying to the ecu in the F tables telling it there is more air or less verses correcting the A/F ratio in the A/F tabs. Think of it as a CNC machine you can have multiple tool compensations set up for the same tool (both length and diameters) just so you can fool the computer. And then their is wear compensations one can mess with but no need to get off subject.

Yes, We all need to eat ...lol. I will buy if necessary but was hoping for a more economical solution.

Thank you for the very helpful info, you are truly a fountain of information, I hope you will not mind me seeking your counsel in the future ?

Ya I wouldn't go that far as my wifey would be willing to argue that point :)

If most of these kits end up being in the 1 bar range under 14 psi one would think the Triumph sensor is either a .5 bar sensor or one cheap sensor. maybe it can not take the initial hit of boost and starts to fail. (since it was made for a NA engine) Not sure if a 1 bar aftermarket sensor would be better or one from a OEM boosted engine might hold up better. Man I would much rather be messing with motors then itchy insulation in a attic. Alas I better get my Ares back to work :)

One thing for sure is your not even using it once your making real boost until it has already been ignored by the F to L switch over point %

Ya I wouldn't go that far as my wifey would be willing to argue that point :)

If most of these kits end up being in the 1 bar range under 14 psi one would think the Triumph sensor is either a .5 bar sensor or one cheap sensor. maybe it can not take the initial hit of boost and starts to fail. (since it was made for a NA engine) Not sure if a 1 bar aftermarket sensor would be better or one from a OEM boosted engine might hold up better. Man I would much rather be messing with motors then itchy insulation in a attic. Alas I better get my Ares back to work :)

One thing for sure is your not even using it or making real boost until it has already been ignored by the F to L switch over point %

I totally agree, I like the big jobs not the techie stuff............ to old and gray to understand it all.

Have a good day...

VK
I'll be back one has to take breaks and drink water when working in the heat of course your probably 60 hours or more ahead of us hear so you might already be off work and playing. I will say I always wondered why a forced air engine was not tuned by throttle percentage and the map sensor thinking the map sensor would give more finite control but hey I'm just thinking out loud and would love to hear from a expert on that. :D

Back