TOMCAT

Rage against the machine
Ride
2009 RIII Standard - 2008 Speed Triple -1995 900 T'Bird
Mate wants to buy a set of Roadster rear shockies for his Standard. Anyone got a set sitting around they would like to sell ?

Few of us are running Roadster shocks on our Standards .. Classics are really no different .. Roadster shocks have progressive springs , better shockie than Standard / Classic ones.

Put it this way @Mittzy . I swapped out my Standard shocks with over 55,000km on them for virtually new Roadster ones. The Roadster ones were "improved" anyway but the fact they were new I'm sure helped. A very worthwhile change I reckon for anyone with a few miles on their older model (and especially if they weigh under 100kg ;)). Not saying they're brilliant but I'm really happy with them and think they are unfairly maligned.

I have my shocks from my 2006 classic sitting in a box here. Bike had done 15,000 kms when I removed them to install a lower set so I guess they would be still good.

Last edited:
Put it this way a QUOTE3630]@Mittzy[/USER] . I swapped out my Standard shocks with over 55,000km on them for virtually new Roadster ones. The Roadster ones were "improved" anyway but the fact they were new I'm sure helped. A very worthwhile change I reckon for anyone with a few miles on their older model (and especially if they weigh under 100kg ;)). Not saying they're brilliant but I'm really happy with them and think they are unfairly maligned.

Im just having fun.... but i found a huge difference going from Roadster shocks to hagans. Comes down to personal choice.

Im just having fun.... but i found a huge difference going from Roadster shocks to hagans. Comes down to personal choice.
I'm with you All the way there Mittzy and it is not so much a weight thing either as the std shocks were not on the highest preload but the Damping or lack of it was atrocious The Hagons work smoothly and if the need or mood strikes you you can soften or firm up the damping

Yeh :mad: I'm after Roadster shocks .. not reviews on Hagons .. thanks ..hahahaha

Tang , my mate that's after new shocks is considering buying Fournales . Had them on his HD and loved them.

Back