IAROCKET

.060 Over
Ride
2013 Rocket iii Roadster
What's everybody's opinion on seating options for the Roadster? Stock Roadster 2 part seat, Roadster Gel Seat, Classic seat, Long haul touring gel seat?

Classic 1pce seat with riders backrest - if you can find one. Seats for the "T" won't fit.
Gel seats are good but be aware of their propensity to absorb heat. If you'll be leaving the bike in the sun - expect HOT BUM.

I cam get this seat for $100 brand new. Is this what you have? It doesn't have a hole for a backrest though?

Attachments

• $_1.JPG
    $_1.JPG
    21.4 KB · Views: 1
What's everybody's opinion on seating options for the Roadster? Stock Roadster 2 part seat, Roadster Gel Seat, Classic seat, Long haul touring gel seat?

Depends on how long you want to ride. I have had all of them, none worked for me after 100-150 miles. For me the problem is they don't have enough perimeter support. After a while the pressure is all on my tail bone. (Arse on fire)

Russel for me.

My opinion!

My classic has the original seat which I'm pretty sure is the one you posted. Im 6'4" 275 and i hate it. It is fairly thin, and ican feel the pan through the foam, which starts to hurt after about 30min. A lighter guy may not have this problem. I seem to remember reading that if its a popular factory seat, so it may just be me.

I just ordered a gel roadster seat on ebay. I wanted a little more height, and more padding. Hopefully it will do the trick.

I think we were bidding it out over the same gel seat on ebay! Dud you get it for 153 out of New Jersey?

Back