Roadster Review and Comparison!

Lifelong Biker

Supercharged
Ride
2011 Rocket III roadster 2004 Harley Davidson Electra Glide
Recently picked up a 2011 Roadster with VERY low miles on it. Installed the back rest and sissy bar, pad and emblem. Added the Flyscreen and black teardrop mirrors. ( Pics attached ). Took it for a nice ride. Very impressed with bike. Pros: handles great, awsome power. Gets more attention than my Electra Glide!!! Cons : Should, have self-cancel turn signals, and maybe optional floor boards. To coimpare it to my Glide is like apples and oranges, but here goes. I would still prefer Harley on long ( several day ) trips, for simple fact of fairing w/stereo, floorboards and saddlebags, and I have trailer set up for hog. But any other time I'm riding the Rocket!!! I simply love this bike. Here's some pictures, all comments welcome!!

Attachments

• Rocket 3 005.jpg
    Rocket 3 005.jpg
    391 KB · Views: 1,007
  • Rocket 3 006.jpg
    Rocket 3 006.jpg
    400.4 KB · Views: 1,074
  • Harley & Trailer 007.jpg
    Harley & Trailer 007.jpg
    346.8 KB · Views: 621
No self canceling turn signals??? My 2010 Touring has them, but not the Roadster?

There is a thread on here about how to make a simple hitch for the Rocket. I think it is for the touring. May be helpful. Nice dresser, or Glide?

Last edited:
THANKS GUYS! Nope signals definately DON'T self cancel! ( if any ones does on a Rocket Roadster please let me know ) I keep doing the OHH SH*t when I realize, I'll get used to it though. Saw the trailer hitch, and found one guy who will make one too, kinda of expensive though. But as I stated I do like my Rocket 3 alot, I have had lots of brands and types of motorcycles, my Yamaha FJ11oo back in the day was a great bike too, put 44,000 on it and still got a good buck when I sold it! Right now I have to go back in my garage and look at my Roadster L O L !!!

THANKS GUYS! Nope signals definately DON'T self cancel! ( if any ones does on a Rocket Roadster please let me know ) I keep doing the OHH SH*t when I realize, I'll get used to it though. Saw the trailer hitch, and found one guy who will make one too, kinda of expensive though. But as I stated I do like my Rocket 3 alot, I have had lots of brands and types of motorcycles, my Yamaha FJ11oo back in the day was a great bike too, put 44,000 on it and still got a good buck when I sold it! Right now I have to go back in my garage and look at my Roadster L O L !!!

Gotta go to garage and look at mine again too. lol. They dont like to be left alone for long.

Put a decent windshield on the Rocket, and you'll never ride your Harley again. :)
If you want floorboards, there are several aftermarkets available, you may also get someone on the board to swap with you. The Roadster was designed to be more of a sportbike, I actually am cutting the mounts for my pegs and moving them back about 3inches.

The signals do not self cancel on any of the R3's or any Triumph for that matter. kinda pisses me off, since it has been around on bikes since the early eighties. :mad::mad:

I hear ya yogi! I have been following the floorboards onthe forums. I'll probably keep the rocket sporty with the pegs and flyscreen for now. If I sell the Harley then I'll make it the "Street Glide from Hell" with Corbin fairing, hard bags, floorboards and tunes. I came close to scraping pegs, but not yet.

The signals do not self cancel on any of the R3's or any Triumph for that matter. kinda pisses me off, since it has been around on bikes since the early eighties. :mad::mad:

I think a lot of people see them as a luxury item but I can tell you that the ONLY near miss I've had on my bike was when I had left my indicators on and a car pulled straight out in front of me because he thought I was turning. They would have to be one of the most essential safety features and should be mandatory on all bikes. Wouldn't even need to be sophisticated like on Harleys; just a time-out if the bike's moving.

Back