Roadster rear shocks upgrade?

och2pot

.040 Over
I'm getting sick of being kicked out of the seat when hitting rough road patches and potholes at speed , and despite trying all the adjustments on the Roadster shocks, it's just too harsh for me. I want some better damping and softer springs to soak up the bumps better. Even after 9000miles it's not stopped annoying me, solo and 2-up.
So anyone got any ideas? Here in the UK the two options I'm thinking might suit are Hagon Nitros or Fournales Magnums but neither are cheap, so i'd like to hear from anyone who's had the same problem and sorted it. I'm 13 st and my wife's 10st. (180lbs and 140lbs)

The front end's not too bad for now but no doubt could be improved too.

cheers

I fixed mine with Progressive 418's, I hear they are no longer manufactured but might still be around in 12.5in HD's. Good price and very adjustable if you can find a pair.

I'm getting sick of being kicked out of the seat when hitting rough road patches and potholes at speed , and despite trying all the adjustments on the Roadster shocks, it's just too harsh for me. I want some better damping and softer springs to soak up the bumps better. Even after 9000miles it's not stopped annoying me, solo and 2-up.
So anyone got any ideas? Here in the UK the two options I'm thinking might suit are Hagon Nitros or Fournales Magnums but neither are cheap, so i'd like to hear from anyone who's had the same problem and sorted it. I'm 13 st and my wife's 10st. (180lbs and 140lbs)

cheers

I replaced my Roadster shocks for the same reason you have listed here. I now use the Hagon Nitro's at the standard length and am very happy with them. They definitely stop kicking you out of the seat and can be adjusted as soft or hard as you like.
I can recommend them.

Maxton Shocks

Just waitig for my custom made T260's to arrive, they also can convert the forks to there cartridge fully ajustable i'l have that done in the winter will give you an up-date ASAP, there good people to deal with.
Regards
Sas

Just fitted some Progressive 440's , second hand off ebay.What a difference ! No wallowing , no more loose fillings. I'm pretty sure any of the shocks that have been suggested so far will be a vast improvement on stock. If you can't decide go with the ones you think look the best, you won't go far wrong with any of them IMO.

cheers
good shocks are never cheap . my suggestion try to score a set of WILBERG all the german r3 pretty much ride on them I do too here in western canada and it is a vast improvement over OEM they come in sets of front and back custom made for your own weight, the whole 4 pieces around $ 1200 last I checked in germany

Back