Roadster oil dipstick

Mike188

Living Legend
Ride
Matt Black 2012 R3R
Went to check the oil level on the beast today, took off the oil cap and the dipstick was missing (it was there last time I checked about a week or so ago), can only assume that it has come adrift and is floating around in the oil tank somewhere. Bike is into the dealer in the morning, but probably won’t be looked at till Monday or Tuesday :( (hope the weather is crappy over the weekend as I was looking forward to going on a ride down to Victor Harbour), so I am hoping like hell it will be covered under warranty (bike is less than a year old). Anyone else on the forum had this happen to them? I am assuming that it (the dipstick) can’t get out of the oil tank and into more sensitive areas of the engine.
Bikes just about due for its 12 month service so I might as well get that done while it’s in the shop.

You MIGHT be able to get it if you fish around in the oil tank (oil & all) with one a' them magnetic thingos on a stick......????

You MIGHT be able to get it if you fish around in the oil tank (oil & all) with one a' them magnetic thingos on a stick......????

Umbrella shape isn't it :x3: inserted into the eye and pushed :confused: ... didn't know it was magnetic !!!

Never heard of this happening to a Rocket before. Early EVO Harley's had a bad habit of the dipstick in the gearbox breaking off and destroying the gearbox if you were lucky. If you were unlucky it locked the box up and down the road you went. I broke mine off before it caused a problem and used my finger to see if there was any oil in there.

Is there an aftermarket electronic dipstick out there similar to ones HD has?

Tried that Ruzzle, no luck, dropped the beast off at the dealer this morning, figured while its there they might as well do the 12 month service at the same time........
Should know by Monday or Tuesday what the go is, service manger agreed that its a part failure so should be covered, and I told them that I want to see the dipstick when they get it out for my own peace of mind..........

Back