roadster not turning over

michael adams

.020 Over
Ride
rocket roadster
HI,i am looking for a wee bit of advice on roadster not turning over on start button, it has happened a few times in past and i have undone clutch lever and the bike has started no problem, but now even with lever off still not starting, i even tried bridging the two wires on clutch safety switch but still no joy,(should the plunger make a circuit or break the circuit to work), pushed it out garden with my brother and pushed it a few times but to be honest wheel was just locking up as clutch was released, but after a few pushes stopped for a rest and took clutch lever off again and it started first time, not sure if the attempted bump start helped or not, but couple of days in shed and not starting again, any info much appreciated before i put it into triumph workshop and probably get raped..mick.....scotland

Mick add a wee bit more info on your problem, are the gauges sweeping? ever had a problem with the ignition switch? also give the year of your bike I doubt it is a 1957 model:D you must be from the west coast as no self respecting Fifer would push a bike especially a 2300cc one.:p

If the side stand is down, and it is in gear, then it won't start.
If the kill switch is killing it then it won't start.

Could be clutch or side stand switches but are you getting a neutral light? If not, could be the gear position sensor needs a clean. If the light's not on the bike thinks it's in gear so won't start with stand down even in neutral.

a wee bit more info its a 2010 rocket roadster, ye the clocks are sweeping no problem, the neutral warning light is on, i have tried pushing button and putting side stand up and down at same time, no joy, and ye a west coaster from paisley so no problem pushing it up and down street,.

Clean the start switch as moisture may have got n there. If you don't hear the relay clicking - I would start at the start switch/button

I read all that with a Scottish accent. Sounded like Star Trek Scotty from the new reboot was in my head.

And funnier than all get out: The advertising banner on the original post is for Scott Trade. :roll:

I read all that with a Scottish accent. Sounded like Star Trek Scotty from the new reboot was in my head.

And funnier than all get out: The advertising banner on the original post is for Scott Trade. :roll:
If you think the Startrek scotties sound Scottish well we need to talk, me and Mick will pay you a visit so you can hear some real accents:D bloody startrek the original scotty was Canadian and the new one is English.

Back