Roadster Handlebar Risers Research

ricochet

Rocket Captain
Ride
2012 Rocket III Roadster
Good Morning!

Now that the bike is put away for the winter, I was thinking about what I can do that isn't very expensive. I have a second bike, a ST1300 that I got and it already had a heli handlebar riser on it. I found it extremely comfortable and I really really like it. I've noticed that I tend to lean forward a fair amount on the rocket. I Am about 5'11 but I may have shorter arms, I don't know.

Anyone here got the risers on their Roadster? How much difference in comfort did it make for you? Do the cables have to be switched for longer ones? Are there any things to consider before installing the risers?

Thank you!!

I have them on my roadster. Pretty easy install, uses stock length cables but they will need to be re-routed (or I did anyway). They made the bike more comfortable for me to ride but it isn't a dramatic difference...just less back pain after a long day. You will have to fiddle with your tank a bit to raise it after you install the risers...a combination of pick up the tank, move it to one side a bit, turn the bars a bit, lift a bit more, wiggle it some, hold your mouth just right and then it comes up where you can get the prop rod under it.

I have the rivco risers on my 2014 Roadster.
They made a huge difference. Originally I thought I would want more pullback but after riding the bike on a 6000 Km trip to cape breton (which I recommend by the way) I wouldn't want it any further back or up. With the risers the wrist angle is just right and still gives me the right angle to lean in and ride aggressively with great control. If I pulled it back even 2 more inches it would be harder to control on tight switchbacks.

Just my thought.
The installation on the 2014 was ok but don't beleive the instructions: They say you don't need to disconnect the breakline but they lie, because of how things are made re-routing the break-line was needed. I don't have dealertool to bleed the ABS so I just paid my dealership $50 to move the breakline and I did the rest myself. Took me about and hour end to end, with an extra set of hands to help.

To be honest the cables are a little tight at a hard left. I will be replaceing them but it got me through the season with no issue.

Overall .... best $200 I ever spent, combined with the corbin seat and backrest it made a huge difference.

I have the rivco risers on my 2014 Roadster.
They made a huge difference. Originally I thought I would want more pullback but after riding the bike on a 6000 Km trip to cape breton (which I recommend by the way) I wouldn't want it any further back or up. With the risers the wrist angle is just right and still gives me the right angle to lean in and ride aggressively with great control. If I pulled it back even 2 more inches it would be harder to control on tight switchbacks.

Just my thought.
The installation on the 2014 was ok but don't beleive the instructions: They say you don't need to disconnect the breakline but they lie, because of how things are made re-routing the break-line was needed. I don't have dealertool to bleed the ABS so I just paid my dealership $50 to move the breakline and I did the rest myself. Took me about and hour end to end, with an extra set of hands to help.

To be honest the cables are a little tight at a hard left. I will be replaceing them but it got me through the season with no issue.

Overall .... best $200 I ever spent, combined with the corbin seat and backrest it made a huge difference.

I agree with Blip's assessment. I put Rivco risers on my 2014 even though Rivco said they weren't made to fit my 2014. I am running the stock cables with no problem (a little rerouting). I did have to disconnect the front brake line momentarily, but nothing leaked out and it works fine without bleeding. Then I made a stainless steel bracket to move the instruments forward to make it easier to lift the tank. I'm 5' 10" and felt that I had to lean too much forward with the stock risers. The Rivco's are perfect for me. I'm running a Clearview windshield and MU hardbags. I also have Kuryakyn grips with the throttle assist which is great on the long haul. Also have front Triumph engine guards with highway pegs. Oh yeah, almost forgot -- TOR exhaust and tune. Love this bike!

I agree with Blip's assessment. I put Rivco risers on my 2014 even though Rivco said they weren't made to fit my 2014. I am running the stock cables with no problem (a little rerouting). I did have to disconnect the front brake line momentarily, but nothing leaked out and it works fine without bleeding. Then I made a stainless steel bracket to move the instruments forward to make it easier to lift the tank. I'm 5' 10" and felt that I had to lean too much forward with the stock risers. The Rivco's are perfect for me. I'm running a Clearview windshield and MU hardbags. I also have Kuryakyn grips with the throttle assist which is great on the long haul. Also have front Triumph engine guards with highway pegs. Oh yeah, almost forgot -- TOR exhaust and tune. Love this bike!
Can you post a pic or drawing of this bracket you made up please?

Why do some people say that they have seen the risers on the Roadster in addition to the Touring.... are the Risers specifically meant for the touring only but people put them on roadsters anyway?

Why do some people say that they have seen the risers on the Roadster in addition to the Touring.... are the Risers specifically meant for the touring only but people put them on roadsters anyway?
Rivco makes risers for both bikes would be my guess. I think if I had a Roadster and could get away with it I would try to use the 04-05 style gauge mount so you can fold the gauges up forward out of the way when you lift the tank. Others have turned the tank tab into a hinged tank tab.

Here is a shot of the old style gauge mount.
first the top gauge mount.
P3230048.JPG

it holds the gauges and is on a hinge that opens forward.

P3230050.JPG

and the plate below is the bar clamp.

P3230049.JPG

If I get down to the barn today I will take a shot of it on the bike and post it up. I think the one I have down there also has the Rivco risers installed on it.

Ok I am back and here are some pictures of the mount and risers on a 05 standard

PB260025.JPG

PB260021.JPG

PB260022.JPG

PB260023.JPG

PB260024.JPG

Hope this helps

Last edited:
The term for that part is handlebar clamp assembly. On bike bandit's parts fiche they list two. Looks like it may be the one marked serial no 241569 and below.

Back