Roadster Fuel Gauge System

Silli

.040 Over
Ride
R3-X 2015, Daytona 2008
I am considering trading my '07 R3 for a new Roadster.

The dealer principle tells me that Triumph have sorted out the rubbish fuel sender, and that the Roadster has "distance to empty, consumption etc. etc" and all is good.

A friend "in high places" ;) tells me this is BS and the sender is just like the older models.

Can someone here enlighten me?

Thanks

The dealer principle tells me that Triumph have sorted out the rubbish fuel sender, and that the Roadster has "distance to empty, consumption etc. etc" and all is good.

A friend "in high places" ;) tells me this is BS and the sender is just like the older models.

Thanks

I have a 2014 roadster and I have distance to empty as well as how full the tank is.

Can't speak to the accuracy yet as I've only had the ride for a couple weeks but so far so good.

Does not do "fuel consumption" but is resonably accurate. Having said that - I always use my trip meter

I use little of both but mainly rely on trip meter. I know that when the little fuel tank light comes on it is always around 56 miles left to go. When I rode the RAA this year (2082 miles) whenever my distance to empty gauge got near 89 miles I knew then my friends that ride Victories would need to get gas. So to me it is pretty accurate but not 100% accurate.

I have a 2012 roadster with the Fuel Til Empty gauge. I found that the fuel light comes on when you have about 50kms left on the tank, but when it hits 0, you still have another 50 before you literally sputter out.

My understanding is the ECU uses the installed map to calculate the MPG at the speed you ride.So your distance to empty will change with your speed. Say with a full tank at 90 mph your distance to empty might be 100 miles, while at 50 mph your distance to empty might be 160 miles.

Thanks

I'd keep the 07......I sold my 07 a few months back and replaced it with a 10 Roadster.........when the fuel light comes on and it's refilled it takes ages to show on the fuel gauge......the gear indicator is minuscule .....so small you'd need a magnifying glass to see it .....I wouldn't rely on the fuel range,I'd just go buy the trip counter

And maybe a fuel gauge that can be calibrated to the 07's sensor. Yes there is one - and it's NOT the same as the fuel light switch.
From experience the effect of watching an R3 move the fuel level mile by mile can be disconcerting.

Back