Roadster foot controls on a rocket

Simon

.020 Over
Ride
2010 classic
Is there a thread on here with instructions how to swap out standard rocket foot controls for roadster items. I know it may not be a straight swap.....
Simon

Sorry but I am a little confused, it says you have a "2010 Classic" in your avatar so please enlighten me as I was under the impression the Classic only went to 08 and the Standards went to 09 and the Roadsters started 2010 the Tourings started 2008 and took over from the Classics.
To make it more simple the Classics and Touring came with FootBoards the Standards came with forward mounted pegs and the Roadster has the pegs mounted further back.
So which bike is it you have and want to fit the Roadster pegs to, not that it matters much as they are all interchangeable with only the ABS bikes causing any headaches, if I am Guessing Right you have a Standard and want to fit the roadster rails and pegs, the only hassle would be the Standard model brake master cylinder may need a bracket or modification to fit it to the Roadster rail and the brake line a few gradual bends put in it.
On the gear side you may need a different shift rod as I believe the Roadster one is a bit longer than the Standard's one but that wont be hard to source

Sorry but I am a little confused, it says you have a "2010 Classic" in your avatar so please enlighten me as I was under the impression the Classic only went to 08 and the Standards went to 09 and the Roadsters started 2010 the Tourings started 2008 and took over from the Classics.
To make it more simple the Classics and Touring came with FootBoards the Standards came with forward mounted pegs and the Roadster has the pegs mounted further back.
So which bike is it you have and want to fit the Roadster pegs to, not that it matters much as they are all interchangeable with only the ABS bikes causing any headaches, if I am Guessing Right you have a Standard and want to fit the roadster rails and pegs, the only hassle would be the Standard model brake master cylinder may need a bracket or modification to fit it to the Roadster rail and the brake line a few gradual bends put in it.
On the gear side you may need a different shift rod as I believe the Roadster one is a bit longer than the Standard's one but that wont be hard to source

Oops, need to update my signature. Now have a 2009 standard rocket with forward pegs. Last bike was a 2010 registered classic (prob manufactured in 2008)

Wouldn't doing that reduce your lean angle as the Roadster pegs mount lower than the standard?
Anybody out there with a Standard that would be willing to measure (with the bike vertical) the ground to peg bottom distance?
I'd like to know the actual difference, if there is one.

Oops, need to update my signature. Now have a 2009 standard rocket with forward pegs. Last bike was a 2010 registered classic (prob manufactured in 2008)
I saw a 2009 standard on e-bay with the Roadster foot controls.

I saw a 2009 standard on e-bay with the Roadster foot controls.
I'm assuming you mean rocket touring controls on a roadster? Or visa versa?
So is it pretty much a straight swap between a Roadster and Touring, I assume they are both ABS, maybe longer lines. I feel the Roadster pegs are too far back, it is a cruiser not a sport or standard bike, my knees are higher than my hips

Back