Roadster cross over pipe

Paul Bryant

Living Legend
Ride
2006 Rocket
Here is a photo of this "cruel thing" as Ulf Penner described the stock Roadster cross over pipe, replacement pipe that I make. Note that the R/H Silencer tube protrudes a specific amount into the gas flow so as to distribute the gases equally between both Silencers.
This will also fit the "touring" model as well
This is available in either Satin Black or "Polished Aluminium" from www.hpcoatings.co.nz
I price these at NZ$390.00 plus shipping. Contact me at paul@vikingexhaust.com

Paul%20Bryant-783-7.jpg

Paul%20Bryant-783-6.jpg

Last edited:
Here is a photo of this "cruel thing" as Ulf Penner described the stock Roadster cross over pipe, replacement pipe that I make. Note that the R/H Silencer tube protrudes a specific amount into the gas flow so as to distribute the gases equally between both Silencers.
This will also fit the "touring" model as well
This is available in either Satin Black or "Polished Aluminium" from www.hpcoatings.co.nz
I price these at NZ$390.00 plus shipping. Contact me at paul@vikingexhaust.com

Paul%20Bryant-783-7.jpg

Paul%20Bryant-783-6.jpg
VERY NICE WORK

For the uninitiated, might you explain the driving need for this work of art ?

As a novice in the black art of exhaust gas flow I am still of the opinion the abomination that Triumph plonk on the Rocket 3 as a cross over pipe is not only an eyesore but I cannot see how it could be efficient with the RHS pipe and LHS pipe having different degrees of back pressure ,it may have been left over from earlier models with Cats in the box, and a cost cutting exercise to just leave the cats out and have the exhaust rattle around the box and find its way out, since jettisoning the Abomination for a Staintune cross over pipe not only does the bike perform better but has a much deeper note from the TORS ,Pauls pipe looks every bit as good as the Staintune item , and to the untrained eye of Mr Plod the bike looks nice and stock ,it actually looks like how Triumph should have made it.

For the uninitiated, might you explain the driving need for this work of art ?

Not sure there is a driving need for this unit Fella.
I've built this because people have asked for it.
It is lighter than the stock unit, marginally, but definitely has a straighter, easier flow than the stock unit, which in itself will promote better over all performance.

Back