Roadster causes injury!!

Wannbe

Supercharged
Ride
2014 R3R
Last week I was able to take the new R3R out for a short ride and made a couple quick starts. ok I kicked it in the ass. Since then my left hand has been giving a little weakness and muscle strain. I already know I"m a 6'3" 270lb 44 year old fat outta shape truck driver. So no fat old man jokes. haha
What injuries have you had??? I think this is the best pain I've ever had.

When a car turned into me, I stopped faster than the bike. The bike with its greater weight and momentum continued ahead, only problem was I was in the way of the back rest and as it flicked me out of its way I got 8 ribs broken (2 multiple). I no longer have a pillion back rest on the bike. The wife didn't like it been removed so I then put on a solo seat, problem solved.

After 2 months of not riding, my first day getting her back I did a lot of hard starts, and wheelies. The next day my abs were hurting like I had been doing too many sit ups or crunches.

I was in the parking lot of a local bar/brewery waiting for Adriana who was in the bathroom

A young lady was admiring my Rocket, she asked what it was, as I was getting ready to explain it to her Adriana walked up and the young lady walked away.

On the ride home I got knocked upside the head,

I blame the Rocket....... o_O

Last week I was able to take the new R3R out for a short ride and made a couple quick starts. ok I kicked it in the ass. Since then my left hand has been giving a little weakness and muscle strain. I already know I"m a 6'3" 270lb 44 year old fat outta shape truck driver. So no fat old man jokes. haha
What injuries have you had??? I think this is the best pain I've ever had.

That's the 'pull your arms out of their sockets ' torque that we all just learn to live with :laugh:

When a car turned into me, I stopped faster than the bike. The bike with its greater weight and momentum continued ahead, only problem was I was in the way of the back rest and as it flicked me out of its way I got 8 ribs broken (2 multiple). I no longer have a pillion back rest on the bike. The wife didn't like it been removed so I then put on a solo seat, problem solved.
Back rests and sissybars are very dangerous

Back rests and sissybars are very dangerous

Must say I hadn't considered that. Anyone know of any stats about injuries from these items? I guess things like Ventura racks would fall under the same umbrella. Not that I'd be taking mine off - the rider's backrest is the single best improvement I've made to the bike's comfort, and the sissy bar is just too dam useful - but it would be interesting to now.

This is actually something I've been wondering about, if you crash a bike with a backrest, what will that do to your back when it yanks you around? And may I say, ouch.

Back