Roadster 2014 Handle bar riser thread fitting

Mr G

The Caretaker
Ride
2014 Triumph Rocket 3 Roadster
I have a pair of risers from my previous bike I would like to have a go at fitting to raise the handle bars up a bit but they have the threads already attached and are 12 mm where as correct me if I'm wrong the Triumph has a 10mm thread .
Will the hole going through the yolks allow for 12mm bolt or would I have to rethread down to 10mm . TIA

Attachments

• 9738E6E8-4AD6-4079-8840-5A233D5DE560.jpeg
    9738E6E8-4AD6-4079-8840-5A233D5DE560.jpeg
    697.1 KB · Views: 5
The holes in the yolk are too small for 12mm bolts .I got another yolk from ebay and drilled it .

I have a pair of risers from my previous bike I would like to have a go at fitting to raise the handle bars up a bit but they have the threads already attached and are 12 mm where as correct me if I'm wrong the Triumph has a 10mm thread .
Will the hole going through the yolks allow for 12mm bolt or would I have to rethread down to 10mm .

Will the hole going through the yolks allow for 12mm bolt or would I have to rethread down to 10mm . TIA
you can get a 12mm male to 10 mm female stainless adapter from hong kong, just make sure to get the right pitch.

Do you think the that the thread can be unscrewed from the risers and the thread inserts put in or are they bonded in ?
its a sleeve with a 12mm thread on the outside and 10mm thread on the inside so it would screw into the end of your risers which would then take a 10mm bolt. but i have just realised the 1.25 pitch is the fine pitch for 12mm threads your risers are more likely 1.50 or even 1.75 coarse pitch, check the pitch on the bolts that go into your risers if they are 1.25mm buy them adaptors on ebay if not start looking for another yolk you can drill. i checked to see if they make the 1.50 and 1.75 pitches but it seems they only do the fine pitch 1.25. best of luck with it.

Back