64Herald

Been there, done that, now whats next?
Ride
2006 Rocket Classic Bone/ivory
I usally just scan the topics on the site and never caught the one for help in NY/NJ area. Dandiego I am sorry for not seeing that you needed help. I live on Long Island and have the use of a trailer or my pickup. I would like to make some type of site that members ONLY can get to for help when on the road. Maybe the webmaster can set up something like that. Again Sorry to Dandiego. Thats not like us NY/NJ people to forget our friends.

If any of you are in south central pa. you can reach me at 717--487-2390...Jim. If you don't have a smart phone just preload it to your cell before leaving home.
There, the emergency rocket list is started.
I'm headed to Ky. in Sept. and hope I don't need help but ...........

A fantastic idea

this is a great idea

I agree! Fantastic idea.

Count me in if you find yourselves in need of help in San Diego.

One thing we can do is lay out our ride plans before departing so other R3 riders in those areas know where we'll be.

Then if available, the locals can send a PM letting the road trip rider know what part of the country they live in and how to reach them in an emergency.

I like it!

If any of you are in south central pa. you can reach me at 717--487-2390...Jim. If you don't have a smart phone just preload it to your cell before leaving home.
There, the emergency rocket list is started.
I'm headed to Ky. in Sept. and hope I don't need help but ...........

If you need help in KY let me know 502-432-7389

Years ago I belonged to the BMW Owners Assoc. They published the 'Anonymous Book' every year. It contained listings of addresses and phone numbers, without names, of members who were willing to help travelers in need. The listings detailed things like mechanical help level, tools available, how far they'd travel to help, and even if you could pitch a tent in their yard.

As BMW riders are some of the highest mileage riders out there, that was a great resource and there were always stories around of people having their trip saved by someone in the book.

A similar tool, in an online format would surely be valuable to many people. It is something that takes time to assemble and on-going time to keep current as people's situations change. You should probably limit the ability to update the list to only a few people as you don't want anybody to pop in and update your info. I'm certainly willing to lend some tools and my limited expertise, but I don't want somebody to change my listing and have 15 or 20 of you miscreants pitching tents in my front yard. :eek:

I'd suggest anyone wanting to take this on contact Shawn and see if he has any ideas on whether or not it could be implemented here.

I agree and if anyone needs help in the Pensacola area my number is 850-261-3531 (cell). I have tools and would be glad to help...even though I am only a lowly Thunderbird:eek:...former Rocket owner.

Dennis

Back