Rivco TR3017 risers,don’t want to fit

elcanaco

It ain't easy being me!
Ride
2008 Rocket III
So I crossed the border this morning and picked up these risers from the Quick Stop just across the border in Washington state where I have things shipped from time to time. I get them home and immediately want to see how they fit. Step one is to relocate the front brake junction box with their bracket and spacer. My front brake hose is about 1/8” below the lower triple tree where it crosses from the junction to the left rotor (as from the factory). The Rivco bracket and spacer makes the junction RISE 3/8” so the hose (and/or the swage) hit the lower triple tree WELL before the factory fastener is re-installed tightly holding Rivco’s bracket. Am I having another senior moment?

Hi Elcanaco,
Tomorrow morning I will take a photograph of the fitting on my bike for comparison - it worked fine for me.
The biggest issue I had was running the lever cables through the right parts of the triple tree.

I have a 2006 Classic, which model are you on?

C3D8FF0E-8C2A-45B3-B2AF-492391DBCDC9.jpeg
Hi Elcanaco,
Tomorrow morning I will take a photograph of the fitting on my bike for comparison - it worked fine for me.
The biggest issue I had was running the lever cables through the right parts of the triple tree.

I have a 2006 Classic, which model are you on?
Mine is an ‘08 Roadster. After not getting the brake junction fitting relocated, I put it back in original position and took this photo. I’m good at fitting things together (industrial pipefitter for 40+ years) but I’m hoping someone else has had to solve this and can give me some insight. Thanks for any info.

C3D8FF0E-8C2A-45B3-B2AF-492391DBCDC9.jpeg
Mine is an ‘08 Roadster. After not getting the brake junction fitting relocated, I put it back in original position and took this photo. I’m good at fitting things together (industrial pipefitter for 40+ years) but I’m hoping someone else has had to solve this and can give me some insight. Thanks for any info.
Are those after market brake lines? Dont look like the line for the standard, or classic, and classic tourer models. Other then that the only rocket triumph built in 08 was the first year of the R3Touring. So now wich bike do you have?

Are those after market brake lines? Dont look like the line for the standard, or classic, and classic tourer models. Other then that the only rocket triumph built in 08 was the first year of the R3Touring. So now wich bike do you have?
Being that I bought the bike only 3 years ago, I always thought it was a Roadster which now I believe didn’t come out until 2010. Regardless, this bike has had mods done before I got it. I went to the photo in the official service manual and it does show braided hoses that look the same as mine. I’m kind of guessing that they ARE the originals.

Hi Elcanaco,
Please see the Rivco brake cable adapter fitted on my bike.
I agree with Warp it does look like you have aftermarket pipes as they are clear sheathed not black.
I hope this helps

Attachments

• F2734E1F-0E50-4C77-9270-3EF3BCF41FCA.jpeg
    F2734E1F-0E50-4C77-9270-3EF3BCF41FCA.jpeg
    187.5 KB · Views: 9
BB49A995-19F3-432C-9F2B-51C40404CA46.jpeg
Hi Elcanaco,
I agree with Warp it does look like you have aftermarket pipes as they are clear sheathed not black.
I hope this helps
Thanks for the pic. Does your brake line or crimp make ANY contact with the underside of the steering head? I’ve attached a photo from the instructions that Rivco supply and you’ll see that the hoses in their photo are the same as mine, right down to the code numbers on the braided hose so mine are indeed factory. Their photo also looks like the crimp or hose touches the underside of the steering head but hard to tell. I CAN really rotate the junction so the cable and crimp miss the steering head but it puts a lot of strain on the hoses and changes their orientation and I don’t like that. Because my bike is stuck on the lift I can’t rotate the forks. Good news is I got a call from the paint shop yesterday and the last of the clear coat is applied today so I’m hoping to go get everything tomorrow and start reassembling everything. I think I’ll just leave this until the front fender and gas tank is installed and revisit it but thanks for the info.

556F71E1-2ECC-490C-BE6A-E12B94169E09.jpeg 2B0CF6BC-BAE5-4CB9-ADCF-8B36E381709A.jpeg Here’s 2 more pics. I think I solved my problem by taking Rivco’s bracket, putting it in the vise and twisting it in the middle so when it’s tightened to the steering head it’s also trying to turn the junction slightly downward. Right now the crimp and hose miss the underside of the steering head by maybe 1/64”, good enough for me. Since Rivco’s bracket means you can’t use the factory plate that keeps the junction of the hoses properly orientated forward I fastened both ends of the bracket with Loctite 262 so hopefully the junction doesn’t twist in usage. We’ll see.

Hi Elcanaco,
I hope this helps
Sorry to drag this on but I went back to your photo and you have the spacer on the wrong side of the junction according to Rivco’s instructions and that’s why you didn’t have issues with the hose or crimp hitting the steering head. The Rivco instruction says to put the bolt through the junction block from the top and the spacer up from underneath, then screw it into their supplied bracket. That’s what causes the junction to rise the 3/8”. Since yours is working for you it perhaps doesn’t seem to matter!!!

Back