Rivco risers on my R3 2010 Tourer.

Toon252

Standard Bore
Ride
Rocket 3 2010 Tourer
Hi everyone, first post so be gentle.
I have a R3 2010 tourer, purchased 4 months ago with 20K km from a dealer. The previous owner had installed Rivco risers which look great and a nice upright riding position. The clutch cable is the original and routed up the side of the column. I would like to reroute the cable back to the original routing. I can get one specifically made but I was wondering with all the knowledge on the site if there is a specific part number cable I can purchase? See below a link to the installed riser. Thank you all in advance.

PS. I absolutially love the bike and a smile on my face every time I start her.

HANDLEBAR RISERS - ROCKET 3 TOURING

Hi everyone, first post so be gentle.
I have a R3 2010 tourer, purchased 4 months ago with 20K km from a dealer. The previous owner had installed Rivco risers which look great and a nice upright riding position. The clutch cable is the original and routed up the side of the column. I would like to reroute the cable back to the original routing. I can get one specifically made but I was wondering with all the knowledge on the site if there is a specific part number cable I can purchase? See below a link to the installed riser. Thank you all in advance.

PS. I absolutially love the bike and a smile on my face every time I start her.

HANDLEBAR RISERS - ROCKET 3 TOURING

Howdy! I also bought a 2010 R3T last June. I put those exact risers on about two weeks after I bought it.
Just last week I ordered a cable two inches longer than stock. I should be getting it any day. I'll post on here after I install it with my results.
I've heard an inch and a half to two inches should be enough to use the original cable routing.
I have noticed that with the cable in front of the handle bars I get a bit of wear on it and it "clicks" or rubs when I move the handle bars far right.

Here's where I got the cable: Genuine Barnett Cables
Got the name from on this forum somewhere.
I had them send me the platinum, I like shiny. :). They custom make them, so you have to call them. Lisa Barnett was very helpful and will get you what you need.

Hope that helps!!

Welcome to the forum! The people on here have saved me a lot of grief and money with their experience and help!! Got a problem? This is the place.

Got the +2" clutch cable from Barnett today and put it on. I like it. :)
A +1 1/2" would work great. The lower adjustment is just a bit longer than stock so it gives one a bit more leeway there.
IMG_1503.JPG

Back