Rivco risers on a Roadster

Akbusa1

.040 Over
Ride
2015 Rocket 3 Roadster
Hello to you all, you all have been so much help with my conversion from the HD to this incredible Beast we call Rocket and I have never looked back.
Once again I seek some knowledge, my Roadster is a 2015 and I would like to bring the bars up and back a bit, hopefully without having to buy new cables, although I will if I have to. I have been reading a bit on here and people mention the RIVCO risers, 1" up and 2" back. Can anyone tell me if they will work on the Roadster, if anyone has already, how do you like them? Do you regret it? Pro's and Con's.
I don't mean to be long winded but the knowledge that is on this site is incredible.
Any help or knowledge would be appreciated,
Thanks, and be safe

As a direct bolt up - NO.
The gauges are the rub and need to be relocated back to the lower (original) position.
Also, lifting of the fuel tank may likely be interfered with.
Some have done this - not me, so I shall defer to them from here forward.
Me thinks different bars be the best way to go, JMHO.

The Rivco risers were one of the first upgrades I did to my 2014 Roadster. Your do not have to replace the cables and I like the handlebar position much, much better. I would do it again in a heartbeat if I had to replace my bike.

The Rivco risers were one of the first upgrades I did to my 2014 Roadster. Your do not have to replace the cables and I like the handlebar position much, much better. I would do it again in a heartbeat if I had to replace my bike.
Cool, how did you remount the gauges?

I mounted the gauges just the way they were before adding the risers. The only inconvenience is that when I want to lift the tank I remove the rear tank bolt to get past the gauges. Others take their gauges off to lift the tank, I find it easier to just remove the rear tank bolt, lift the front of the tank and replace the bolt before placing the tank on the riser rest.

As a direct bolt up - NO.
The gauges are the rub and need to be relocated back to the lower (original) position.
Also, lifting of the fuel tank may likely be interfered with.
Some have done this - not me, so I shall defer to them from here forward.
Me thinks different bars be the best way to go, JMHO.
Thanks Bro, I appreciate the info. BTW, six days and Nels will work his magic, I'm STOKED!

I mounted the gauges just the way they were before adding the risers. The only inconvenience is that when I want to lift the tank I remove the rear tank bolt to get past the gauges. Others take their gauges off to lift the tank, I find it easier to just remove the rear tank bolt, lift the front of the tank and replace the bolt before placing the tank on the riser rest.
Like I said, so much knowledge on this site,and people like to help, thank you all.

Did you use the risers for the touring or the classic? seems to be two choices.

Hate to bother again, but I have exact bike as you, would you have any pics with your bars?

Back