Rivco Risers for R3T - found a longer clutch cable

valk97goose

.040 Over
As far as I am concerned the only way to route the clutch cable on the R3T after installing the Rivco Risers is the standard method, in front of the headstock not behind. Routing the cable the correct way will avoid cable damage and pinching. For this reason I have sourced a longer cable.

The new cable has to be 3 inches longer and is available from Barnett Clutches & Cables http://www.barnettclutches.com/

Standard Clutch Cable: http://www.engadineweb.com.au/pdf/101-75-10024.pdf

Here are some prices:
BLACK: 101-75-10024+3 $54.14
STAINLESS W/CLEARCOAT: 102-75-10024+3 $76.60

Barnett Tool & Engineering
2238 Palma Drive
Ventura, CA 93003
Phone: (805) 642-9435 x109
Fax: (805) 642-9436

Hope someone finds this info helpful...

cheers Valk, have you ordered one? wouldn't mind getting one myself, I reckon my clutch is a bit heavier with the rerouting

Excellent info! I just sent Joe an email. The proof's in the pudding, so be sure to let us know how the cable works once you have it installed.

The cable arrived...

OK the cable arrived and it looks great and the length perfect. I got started on the cable changeover when to my horror found that the tech that last worked on my clutch put it all back together without any backlash tension on the lifter arm.

So I had to pull the bloody clutch cover off to fix the problem. Got is all apart to find that considerable hammering has been going on between the lifter arm and the needle rollers top and bottom. Also found that the clutch cover gasket was broken, now I know where the oil was coming from.

Contacted the Triumph shop and told the story and sent them thei pictures. They decided that they are going to replace the lifter arm, needle rollers top and bottom and the seal plus the gasket. I am going to do all the work, no one's touching my baby again...

So here are the pics...

r3t-clutch_img3.jpg

r3t-clutch_img1.jpg

Note spring the way I found it...

r3t-clutch_img2.jpg

Note spring in correct position..

r3t-clutch_img4.jpg

Damage to lifter arm inner...

r3t-clutch_img5.jpg

Damage to lifter arm outer...

DSC00273.JPG

DSC00275.JPG