CrazyTed

.040 Over
R3T owners only.
Ok, I've had the Rivco Risers on my bike since they first took pre-orders. They are mounted per the Rivco instructions with the clutch cable behind the triple clamp. I have noticed when I turn full lock left, the clutch cable is getting pinched between the top triple clamp and the ignition switch housing. I remember a long time ago several of us having a conversation about that on here. I can't find any of those posts. At Daytona this year I spoke to the Rivco folks and they said they have never heard of anyone having this issue.
If you have had an issue with your clutch cable getting pinched, post here and also email Rivco at rcolano@rivcoproducts.com and tell him about it. At Daytona he added a wire tie to hold the clutch cable back out of the way but that is pretty ugly.

Have you move your clutch cable to the outside of the plastic cover just below the ignition switch housing? I did and at full lock there is no pinching of the cable.

That's interesting. I can still move the cable back and forth at full lock. It is barely touching, but will move with no resistance. Also, no wear marks on the outside of the cable. I have about 10K miles with the risers and don't think they cause any safety issues since just about the only time the forks are at full lock is when the bike is parked.

I never had that problem with mine. I didn't like them, however, because the bar clamps would not stay torqued down until I finally put Lok-Tite on them. Also, there was a significant, IMO, amout of play in the bars from front to rear; meaning if you pushed/pulled on the bars (moving the bike around the garage, for example), they would flex back and forth a good inch.

I have had my rivco risers since christmas and have had no problems but then again I also have the longer barnett clutch cable on mine.:)

I have had mine for 4-5 months and could kick myself for not getting them sooner. I was ready to sell out because of the neck and shoulder pain but since I got these, I have none of that now and have put several thousand miles on the bike since.:)

I have had mine for 4-5 months and could kick myself for not getting them sooner. I was ready to sell out because of the neck and shoulder pain but since I got these, I have none of that now and have put several thousand miles on the bike since.:)

I have never liked the feeling of sitting back on the bike and so I fitted the bars off the roadster into the original R3T risers and after 3000 miles I reckon it's the best thing I ever did. They make you sit with a fairly straight back (no more slouching which I think causes a lot of the back probs and definitely contributes to 'numb bum' syndrome) and I feel more 'in control' of the bike.

Btw I am 6' tall with, I'd guess, average length arms (if there is such a thing!)

I have the Rivco risers also. They work as they should. No cable pinching.

For me, with my neck and shoulder issues, I find them still a bit of a reach. Some days are better than others. I'm actually looking for some different bars with more pullback.

There are a few guys that have put the Thunderbird bars on their R3Ts. They aren't as wide and the TB bars are them helping with the reach issues.

Back