Jeff807

.020 Over
Has anyone installed the Rivco Custom LED Lighted Turn Signal Motorcycle Mirrors
I'm thinking of getting them and was wondering if anyone has installed them, how hard is the wiring, and if they are any good.

Thanks Jeff

2012 Rocket Roadster

Has anyone installed the Rivco Custom LED Lighted Turn Signal Motorcycle Mirrors
I'm thinking of getting them and was wondering if anyone has installed them, how hard is the wiring, and if they are any good.

Thanks Jeff

2012 Rocket Roadster

Well, Well, Jeff.
I just received my new Rivco Custom LED Lighted Turn Signal Motorcycle Mirrors.
I shall be installing them this coming week. I will say, that so far they do appear to be good quality stuff.

There was recently another thread about this - you might wish to search around a little for that as it convinced me to go with the Rivco.
Best Regards,
1olbull

They would certainly be adequate. But legality??? They are about the same width apart as the OEMs, so that would be OK, and they're only a tad further rearward. Wonder if there's a regulation about height?????

But they're dead easy to wire in, just hook 'em into the wires going to each side blinker.... why not leave the OEMs as well????

as long as they are clear i reckon **** legality. ive seen so many bull**** lights and indicators on stuff theyd be stiff to argue those being illegal. are they e rated?

I might have to move mine and would be easier just to replace them. This is a far better looking option than some of the other small LEDs I've seen. Plus I like the way they are also seen from behind. Would be far safer in traffic and harder not to notice if you leave them on. Very cool.

Richard.... from the front - oncoming traffic - the amber LEDs in the mirrors are MUCH brighter and noticeable than the OEMs.

(Mind you, if you put LED bulbs in your OEM blinkers, they are much brighter, too. Straight bulb swap, about fifteen bucks a bulb....)

From behind, the mirror LEDs are red - probably illegal in OZ?? Should be amber??? - who cares? - They are high, wide, and handsome (like the rider) and BRIGHT. At shoulder height, they gotta be hard to miss.

And of course you can't miss it if you forget to click 'em off......

Footnote! Just fitting the mirrors, your standard (cheap ****) flasher can would probably work. But if you replace blinker bulbs as well with LEDs, you're gonna have to spring for an electronic flasher can.... maybe twenty five bucks, straight swap over.

Ponters.... no mention anywhere about e ratings.....

Back