RIVCO Heel-Toe Shifter

Mitchcpc

Supercharged
After dealing with the common problem of difficult shifting from neutral to first, I thought I would try the RIVCO heel-toe shifter on my 07 R3. I have found that it works much better than the small stock shifter and you can "Feel" the gears much better allowing a better shift into 1st. And, it keeps the tops of my boots clean. I have posted before and after pictures in my album.

Another issue. I notice a lot of discussion on the cost of service for these beasts. When I purchased mine just a month ago, I was told the 500 mile service would be about $250. I could live with that, but then when I took it in this last Saturday, the bill was $404 ! And this was at the same dealership where I paid cash for the bike! Well, I got a hold of the salesman and explained the situation and by the time I left the bill was down to $248 AND I had a pocket full of goodies to boot. Seems the salesman understood the term "Lost Sales" much better than the mechanic did. BTW, after the change to the Mobil 4T things have appeared to settle down a bit and the shifting and clutch seem to be smoother.

Love my bike, I think this site is great for knowledge sharing, and I plan on many more "Miles of Smiles". Also, planing to be at Sturgis next year, so any of you captains going I would like to meet up with you and swap tales of passing the Hardley's along the way.

Mitch

Labor at $99 per hour.

Labor at $99 per hour for 90 minutes & oil and filter, and running through the Triumph checklist and looking for error code in the ECU. I checked with the other Triumph dealer in Seattle and their cost was $260.

Also cost for new rear in Seattle area is $308 installed.

Mitch

If you guys ever find a good dealer in your area, tell everybody about it.
In Chattanooga is one of the best, Southern powersports, Polaris Victory Triumph.
Service my bike for about 130.00-170.00. Great people to deal with also.
Dont get me started on the dealer that is closest to me though.

Why the big difference?

Sounds like I need to move or maybe after some more Rockets are bought in the area the prices will come down. We only have two dealers, that is the only way I got my dealer to lower his cost to a reasonable price, the other dealer was lss but still $250. They tell me "That is what the book says". After the warranty period I will do all the servicing myself.

Mitch in Seattle Wash.

I did my own 500 mile service. no questions asked at Baxter's Cycle. When I was on my ride this summer, I stopped back into Baxter's and since I bought the bike there, they did the new computer mapping. No Charge! Of course I buy my parts there and plenty more too.:)

This is my first ride with a heel toe shifter. I'm sure I'll never go back. I love the boards. I love my cruiser:bch: My 500 mile check was done in my carport. I spent the difference on a TuneBoy. I know what the errors in the ECU are: NONE. I hear (this forum) valve adjustment was unnecessary through 50,000.

That being the case, I can tighten my own fasteners periodically.

I document everything in the schedule of check-ups.

Last edited:
If you guys ever find a good dealer in your area, tell everybody about it. In Chattanooga is one of the best, Southern powersports, Polaris Victory Triumph. Service my bike for about 130.00-170.00. Great people to deal with also.

I do truly believe, and it was my experience, PVT of Cha will bend over backwards. I'll go the 200+ miles for their service. My local dealer is <40 miles away. Frankly, I don't think they give a crap for anything otherthan BMW and Ducs. The biggest service dollars! F...Sticks.

Last edited:
Back