Mike Enfinger

.020 Over
Ride
2015 Triumph Rocket 3 Touring
I have a 2015 R3T and bought a set of Krator risers. They did not come with bolts so I checked around and found these bolts for a Kawasaki Vulcan were the closest to what I needed. They were too short and did not extend out enough to bolt on. So, does anyone know where I can get a set of bolts that are long enough? If not, has anyone drilled out the hole in the bushing and used a 1/2 ×13 bolt that was long enough to mount the risers?
20180207_121441.jpg

Ok I think I understand, they’re studs with different threads on each side.

That I’d have to go googling for, I can’t even understand why someone would engineer it that way instead of just tapping the riser 10x1.25 and running a bolt from the start. Bizarre.

My suggestion would be drill it at 1/2, and use a longer bolt sourced from pro-bolt’s selection of Titanium bolts. They’re stronger than Stainless Hardware (but not stronger than good Steve fasteners like grade 8). If you decide to go back the slightly larger hole won’t really make any significant difference as 10mm vs 1/2” is really not that different.

Thanks, I was actually thinking I could drill it out then use some kind of sleeve if I ever wanted to go back to original. Now I now where to get the parts!

Back