Right head light not working

Zen2osho

.040 Over
Ride
Triumph rocket 3 Roadstar
Brought a brand new 2012 roadster, found thta the right head light is not working, the bulb has continuity!! Its ok. But prob with wiring i guess!! How do i solve it

Also when the engine cut off switch is turned off , the power n dashboard goes off too!but t! Is it normal.

Can't help with electrical problems, but if the bike is brand new take it back to the dealer and get it fixed.
I would recommend against using the cut off switch to stop the bike. Just use the key (or side stand if it's in gear).

If you turn off the kill switch, all power is cut, even to the gauges. I agree with the post above and in the operators manual it states to just use the key, not the kill switch. As for the light bulb, as it's under warranty I'd take it back but if that's a pain you can always do a simple test, take the bulb that is good and plug it into the right headlight socket to test if it's the bulb or the system. Sometimes bulbs can lie to you. A simple continuity test may reveal the bulb is okay but when you plug it in the heat will cause a disconnect within the bulb.
Just a thought.

Thanks Kevin for the reply. I will swap the bulbs and check if its working!! I imported this bike from USA to Africa and I am the only service centre, mechanic, showroom & owner everything for this Rocket ;);)

Thanks Kevin for the reply. I will swap the bulbs and check if its working!! I imported this bike from USA to Africa and I am the only service centre, mechanic, showroom & owner everything for this Rocket ;);)

Do remember you stating that in your intro. Don't know if you have a Factory Workshop manual yet .. worth the outlay in my opinion. Just remember electrics are electrics and a competent auto electrician will be able to test for faults .. and I'd get hold of a manual if I were you mate.

The manual will save your bacon. Don't be afraid to use it. It ain't macho when you are crying because you broke something because you did not remember in your head the right newton meter number for the fastener. Don't ask how I know this.

Thanks Tomcat, I have the service manual, downloaded it. Got the multimeter, cruz tools , battery charger, torque wrench etc. I just checked , i have one working bulb removed from my old sabre to change to PIAA, so i will use that bulb to check the same.

Rode a brand new sabre for 7000 miles in this country without single breakdown that bike too imported brand new from Texas!!

Will be disturbing this forum:D for ideas, experiences and repair advice very often:thumbsup:!!

Back