Ride on tire balancer

skydog1000

Living Legend
Ride
2009 RIII Classic 1980 Yahama XS1100
Who is using this ride on tire balancer. Do you like it not like it what do you have to say about it :D

Ride seems good to me, just installed new tires with ride on and seems to work good. Remember to use the the correct formula on ride ons site ( you need more) if you are going to use it to balance the tires too. Also order a little more than recommend, because it's almost impossible to get all of it out of the bottles. Warm up the bottles so it flows better, to cold not good, won't flow right

Used it on my Voyager after getting a puncture on a relatively new rear tire.
The puncture was in the middle of the tread and would deflate overnite.
I got another 10k+ miles out of that tire; I changed it when it started slinging the stuff out during cold winter rides (low 30s, high 20s).

I do my own tires and will put the rim, tire & axle on two jack stand and add weight till it's close. Then I add a bottle or so of Ride On.

I will say that I used it in some Michelins and got a puncture that didn't work out as well.
The stuff is orange and remains so in my Dunlops. :)
The Ride on was a very dark grey when I pulled that Commander II. My guess is that the Michelins have a mfging residue left inside that mixes with the Ride On making it inert. You could probably clean the inside of the tire with soap & water and the Ride on might work just fine.

Scott

I will say that I used it in some Michelins and got a puncture that didn't work out as well.
The stuff is orange and remains so in my Dunlops. :)
The Ride on was a very dark grey when I pulled that Commander II. My guess is that the Michelins have a mfging residue left inside that mixes with the Ride On making it inert. You could probably clean the inside of the tire with soap & water and the Ride on might work just fine.

Yea, I had some in my mountain bike tire & was noticing that "inert" sensation you describe. Here's what came out. looks like it grabbed onto that mfging residue...........

IMG_5391.JPG

This is what mine looked like after slinging out of the tire during winter rides.
It looked the same only dark grey when it came out of the Michelin.

That "chunk" sure doesn't look like a good thing. Is it Ride On brand?

I guess I haven't addressed the balancing aspect noted in the OP.

Both of the bikes I have used it in have been very stable through the entire life of the tires.
I've never had a "bad" wear pattern other than a very small amount of cupping on one front tire.

This is what mine looked like after slinging out of the tire during winter rides.

Yep, ride on - I could really feel the gyro of it. In a mountain bike tire though. It was a 3" diameter, may have gotten bigger if the tire were bigger???? I bet it could be felt if it happened in a R3 also, due to much higher speed

This type of stuff has been around for years. Overall it seems more problematic than its worth.

A belt drive Triumph Rocket?

Back