Rick Mayer seat feedback/Radar Detectors . . . ??

orwell

Standard Bore
Like many Captains, my lady and I get pretty uncomfortable after only about 100 miles. We replaced the stock piece of crap with a slightly better touring seat piece of crap from Triumph. What a waste of money!

Other than the sheep skin idea which certainly is a lot cheaper, do any of the Captains out there have some feedback on Rick Mayer's offerings?

On a brighter note, we managed a quick 130+ on the 101 south of Cloverdale, CA. . . what a blast, the grin lasted for hours while we stopped on Healdsburg for some nosh.
We both like speed and it's real tough to be moderate. In this 'land of the free & home of the brave' :) these speed limits are a joke . . . oh well . . .

Any thoughts on Radar Detectors . . . ?

orwell said:
Like many Captains, my lady and I get pretty uncomfortable after only about 100 miles. We replaced the stock piece of crap with a slightly better touring seat piece of crap from Triumph. What a waste of money!

Other than the sheep skin idea which certainly is a lot cheaper, do any of the Captains out there have some feedback on Rick Mayer's offerings?

On a brighter note, we managed a quick 130+ on the 101 south of Cloverdale, CA. . . what a blast, the grin lasted for hours while we stopped on Healdsburg for some nosh.
We both like speed and it's real tough to be moderate. In this 'land of the free & home of the brave' :) these speed limits are a joke . . . oh well . . .

Any thoughts on Radar Detectors . . . ?
bell STI :wink:

I have a Rick Mayer seat on my GS and it is superb. Great support and comfort. I'll be ordering one for my Rocket.

jefff1 said:
:D 2 thoughts here ...

1. I sent my seats to Russell Day-Long seats in California and now even Mrs. Lucky wants to go for rides...They do a fantastic job of custom fitting...check out their website for more details...NO more butt fatigue

2. I use a Beltronics 995i radar detector and I have a laser jammer system too...just for the fun of it...It's all good 8)

Thanks . .

Any pics?

My extra stock seat is packed up & ready to UPS out to Rick. Just gotta take a couple of pics this weekend & shot them off to him.
I'll let everyone know what I find about his work.

That's a big 10-4 on the stock Triumph seat offerings Orwell! I've had both too & I think the standard is better than the "Touring Gel" ! :x But they both aint gettin' it on any ride longer than a hour or so. :?

My seats arrived at Rick Mayer's on the 19th. I am looking forward to getting them all fixed up!

Had R. Mayer do the seat on my Caponord..may have him do the Rocket this summer ,,,maybe before the Tahoe run....I'm a little north of you in Lake County...great riding up here and in all directions....

Back