Revised Rubber Manufacturers Bulletin

Status
Not open for further replies.

cktire

.060 Over
Ride
2005 Rocket III Standard
I’m not here to argue the pros and cons of using car tires on a motorcycle rim. But, I’ve noticed here before that persons have complained about tire dealers not wanting to mount their car tire on the motorcycle rim.
The Rubber Manufacturers Association (RMA) has revised its Tire Information Service Bulletin (TISB) Volume 28, "Never Mount Passenger Car Tires on Motorcycle Rims Fitted to Motorcycles or Sidecars."

Many tire dealers treat this as their bible. Not to mention the legal ramification of ignoring the top industry association’s advice.
So, if you are having difficulty finding a dealer to mount your tire here’s why.
Go to:
http://www.rma.org/publications/tire_service_professionals/index.cfm?PublicationID=10729

Me, I hate the fact that the MC tires are so expensive and have rapid wear. But, i will never mount a car tire on my bike.
Carl
FYI: I will not argue the situation. I respect your decision

What a load of rubbish. They're obviously biased and definitely wrong. Must be some kind of conspiracy between them and tyre and bike manufacturers. There are plenty of riders who "reckon" car tyres are fine on a bike so it must be true. :rolleyes:;)

Either those that wrote that are getting paid by someone to make that statement or none of them have ever ridden a cruiser with balls.

Naw, bikes only go straight with a flat tire on em.
Couldn't ride in the curves.:rolleyes:

Wait a minute,
I've got over 25,000 miles on my Raptor now,
and I'll probably have to change it out in another year or two,
so it obviously won't work...

Always remember that possibly this could be a bit of fixing going on for price and sales, Na couldn't be that sort of thing doesn't happen.

Argue! Defend?

Why in the world would I want to argue or defend the opinion of the RMA? I just posted so all can see what the typical retail car tire dealer is referencing. Chill!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back