Rev Limiter Question

thirdrock

.020 Over
Does anyone know which fuel pump circuit ( ie does it cut the power or earth) gets cut when the rev limiter hits ? I know that it is a "soft "type ,that intially cuts the injection signal sporadiacally,then steps it up to a total fuel cut and most probably ignition as well. Short of hooking up an idiot light and doing runs, I was hoping someone may have this info . :D Thanks in advance. ( oh ,by the way it`s just so as I can cut my nitrous solenoid at the same time)

:idea: actually,I`ve had a re-think ,and will probably have to bite the bullet and get an rpm controller to cut it before the limiter ,be safer. Nevertheless,I would be interested to know ,if anyone has looked into this at all .

Hi Thirdrock:
Good question......... did you ever find the answer? :?

GOOD RIDING..........
Chriss

dont most modern engines limit the rpms via timing ? that way the limiter
hits more softly, and prevents a loss of control. i've not hit the rev limit
on the R3, but i have on other bikes- they just sort of loose power and
refuse to spin any faster.

...based on Tuneboys findings (which I`m sure are well researched) there occurs a random fuel cut ,followed by a total fuel and ignition cut (thus the soft effect) . I have hit the limiter many, many times and even soft ones are a bloody pain . It may well cut the injector signal then the pump ,not sure,but I have dropped the idea of tapping into that circuit anyway and am approaching it from a more refined angle ,using a separate window switch to control the nitrous.

Back