Rev counter died

bebsy

Finicky
Ride
2006 Triumph R3
First off the neautral light packed in and now the rev counter and display signals have gone also..strange thing is the ilumiating light is still working...checked all duses they are fine and done the tacho test on tune ecu the speedo slowly rises to 100k and then drops back down, no sighn of life from the rev department any help much apprieciated...

99% chance the electronics in the speedo have packed it in. The tach works through the speedo. The back light is on a separate circuit. Speedo is a none repairable sealed unit. There was recently a set of clocks for sale on eat-me-bay for under $500.

Another symptom is the trip meters will start resetting to zero everytime the key is turned off and on.

Last edited:
99% chance the electronics in the speedo have packed it in. The tach works through the speedo. The back light is on a separate circuit. Speedo is a none repairable sealed unit. There was recently a set of clocks for sale on eat-me-bay for under $500.

Another symptom is the trip meters will start resetting to zero everytime the key is turned off and on.
Thanks for putting me out of my misery i was banking on the 1% and checked the main harness conection that was fine, so i guess they are in great demand...even more so cheers.

First off the neautral light packed in and now the rev counter and display signals have gone also..strange thing is the ilumiating light is still working...checked all duses they are fine and done the tacho test on tune ecu the speedo slowly rises to 100k and then drops back down, no sighn of life from the rev department any help much apprieciated...
Doesn't counting revs get a bit tedious? Sounds like zero fun.

Thanks for that info i am heading back the uk shortly and will definitely go with that option...weres best place to track them down cheers.
There are loads of options - What is KEY is that they really are M/C gauges and waterproof. For an idea of types and shapes Digital Speedos - Motorcycle & Car, digital gauges

Koso gauges should NOT be underestimated. They make gauges for some of the top marques - i.e. MV-Agusta.
I know for certain that the Koso RX2N has been fitted to an R3.

Others have also adapted Dakota Digital gauges to fit.

Note that some will not have the "lights" so you MAY also need to cobble up a warning lights block.

Cool i have the koso temp gauge which is a nice touch already and for that reason koso it is, now maybe i can fit a set of roll back bars like ive always wanted now ...and on it goes cheers my friend.

Back