Returning R3T rider from Eastern MA, USA

SteveMcD

.020 Over
Ride
2009 R3T
I originally registered here in 2011 as McLefty617 when I bought a left over 2009 R3T in the gorgeous two-toned blue color.

Like many, I eventually moved on to other bikes but I have come back to the fold, purchasing another 2009 in blue with 1,600 miles on it. It is on its way up from Florida and I can’t wait!

So what did I miss in 7 years?

WELCOME back to ya, frome WA State.
Well, it seems since 7 years ago, you missed me . . . BFD :( :confused: :rolleyes: :banghead:
I didn't join here until 2012 when I bought my new R3R.
Tis a terrific forum here with stand-up folks always willing to help and rank on ya!

Hey Steve,

Welcome back! I'm fairly new here, but very impressed with the competence of this crowd. Also have an R3T, but located in Eastern MA if you are ever in the area. Not many of my friends ride anymore as the gang is approaching, or have entered into, extinction. One recent experience I would throw out if you are looking to make the std conversions: I just went through 3 months of getting jerked around by dealers to find that the TORS pipes are no longer available. Managed to track a pair down in OKC and learned there is another available in Tucson at the Kawasaki KTM dealer. BTW, I was also eyeing the F6B until I found an R3T for a song. Very happy with it, and heartening to hear you have come back to the Rocket. I also like the reliability of the Hondas, but the rocket is special. Unfortunately, I've never seen another one of these beasts on the road in NE. Boggles my mind that people pay 3x for a lesser HD? Anyway, Enjoy!

I originally registered here in 2011 as McLefty617 when I bought a left over 2009 R3T in the gorgeous two-toned blue color.

Like many, I eventually moved on to other bikes but I have come back to the fold, purchasing another 2009 in blue with 1,600 miles on it. It is on its way up from Florida and I can’t wait!

Welcome back from Cambridge Ma. Still riding my 05 and it's given me miles of smiles. The best place I've found to have any work done is National Powersports on Craftsman Lane in Merrimack NH, I wouldn't trust my bike to anyone but Eldon Richards, he's top shelf. Good Luck.

Welcome back from Cambridge Ma. Still riding my 05 and it's given me miles of smiles. The best place I've found to have any work done is National Powersports on Craftsman Lane in Merrimack NH, I wouldn't trust my bike to anyone but Eldon Richards, he's top shelf. Good Luck.

Thanks, I’ve been up to National and even though it’s a bit of a hike for me, finding a great Triumph mechanic is critical!

Thanks for the recommendation.

Thanks, I’ve been up to National and even though it’s a bit of a hike for me, finding a great Triumph mechanic is critical!

Thanks for the recommendation.
I live in Camb. Ma and it's worth the trip, probably the best Rocket mech. in the N.E.

Back