Returning captain... maybe!

Phil68

.040 Over
Back on the site saying hello. Haven't been around for about 2 years. I had a major engine failure on my 07 Rocket that turned out to be a nightmare. After that I decided to try something different so I bought a 2013 Victory Vegas that I'm currently riding. The Vegas 8 ball is a nice bike but its no Rocket. I've been in the process of working with a dealer on a 2014 Rocket Roadster. If I decide to, I can pick up this 2014 Roadster today.

I'm hesitating on pulling the trigger on the purchase because the experience with my 07 Rocket. I figured I'd stop by the site here and just vent that. Maybe this weekend I'll be back on a Rocket.

Mate im a returned Captain myself, although i didnt put enough miles on my 1st R3 to endure mechanical failure , more got rid of it due to marital failure. Owned 2 VMX 1200's betweens R3's , but once given the opportunity to reoffend as a R3 Captain i never hesitated. After reading post upon post on here it seems Triumph ironed out most known problems with earlier models , so far since May i have done 17000 trouble free klms on my Roadster and learnt from the great people here how to have a go at servicing etc with out breaking it , although somehow since hanging around here my bike is wearing a car tire hahaha

Welcome Back we know you will be and then the grin will follow so get ready and start doing your facial cheek exercises to toughen them up ;):):thumbsup:

Back