Retrofitting Slip Ons (Exhaust Mod)

lmcmulle

.020 Over
Ride
13 Rocket III Roadster, 10 MV Agusta F4R, 06 Ducati monster s4rs, 13 MV Agusta F4RR
An idea came to me, basically, why couldn't you take any set of slip-ons (say vance & hines touring pipes) and retrofit them to to the rocket? Of course the mounting points will be off, but mounting brackets aren't impossible to fabricate.

thoughts? anyone done or tried something similar?

thanks

Leigh.

I have tried a number of systems over the years, for slip ons I just
had some intermediate pipes made up.

You can, as long as they fit. Depending on what they were designed for they won't necessarily flow correctly for your set-up but not impossible to get right.

You can, as long as they fit. Depending on what they were designed for they won't necessarily flow correctly for your set-up but not impossible to get right.
Yeah your right first slipons I used were restrictive held back to only 220hp wasted at least 10hp
Since then bigger bore slipons & intermediate collectors, with S/C fitted have dealt with 350hp & more.

Working for me so far!
Take a look at Rush. Not what I have (found after my install); but, they look cool.

What about Supertrapp slip-ons , Gothlanders running one on his Perfect Storms. Probably what I'll go for when I get new headers. Don't look anything flash but Supertrapps do perform.

Malcy had shortly mufflers that kinda look like the standard roadster cans but shorter obviously.

Found a photo of Malcy's bike.... RDU 2012
P1030975.JPG

Back