Restrictions Throttle Spark Fuel Throttle Bodies

MNC5

.040 Over
Ride
R3
Someone told me that even with a tune the R3 still limits power by pulling timing and partially closing the throttle bodies over ruling the throttle table we have access to per 7k revs

Wondering if the future holds a higher rev limit similar to the previous version.

I was “told” that the throttle isn’t operating as commanded above 6,### rpm’s I may have misunderstood but he has dyno’ed several R3 so I took it at face value.

I’m considering supercharging my R3. But the endeavor comes with a 12-15k price tag depending upon how much work I do my self. And without being able to spin it faster I doubt if it is capable of much over 200whp N/A

Last edited:
I was “told” that the throttle isn’t operating as commanded above 6,### rpm’s I may have misunderstood but he has dyno’ed several R3 so I took it at face value.
I remember a post from a tuner who observed the plates on a dyno and found that the plates were partially closed with the ETV set at 100. This could be what Ulf refers to as a soft cut. The max rev limits adjustable with TuneECU on the standard RIII, Roadster, new R3, and new TFC are 6800, 7000, 7400, and 7500.

Last edited:
I’m considering supercharging my R3. But the endeavor comes with a 12-15k price tag depending upon how much work I do my self. And without being able to spin it faster I doubt if it is capable of much over 200whp N/A
Why is it necessary to spin it faster. I gear the supercharger for a max engine speed of 7000rpm. So you can have over 300 hp if you want, limit the power with the ETV control.

Back