Research mode with questions

AwesomeDad

.020 Over
Ride
Concours 14
I had posted in the welcome board, Now to some specific questions for bike!
We do alot of 2up traveling, I know the luggage accommodations and weather protections isn't as good as with other options but if the long distance comfort is there we can work around the rest.
What seat comes on the GT and what is the difference in standard seats and comfort seat offered in the accessories section? (if the larger pillon seat is selected it forces you to add the rider sport seat)
The tank capacity seems about 50 miles short from my other bikes. My commute to work is 160 round trip that's cutting it close.
I am sure the after market will catch up but how is the stock windshield? I have used MRA type deflectors in the past and might initially do that until a larger screen can be sourced....
Thanks in advance.

JJ

I got the stock seat with my GT and it is more comfortable than the seat on my old 15 touring. But, the most I have gone in one day so far is about 320 miles so there is that caveat. As to the pillion my wife has yet to ride with me but it is small to be sure. In the 2000 miles I have ridden it so far I would never had made 160 miles on one tank. Keep in mind though its been breaking in and I have not used the cruise control very much. I think it will make that easily if you used the cruise and didnt get heavy handed with the throttle. The stock windshield is a joke but Powerbronze has a few options.

I got the stock seat with my GT and it is more comfortable than the seat on my old 15 touring. But, the most I have gone in one day so far is about 320 miles so there is that caveat. As to the pillion my wife has yet to ride with me but it is small to be sure. In the 2000 miles I have ridden it so far I would never had made 160 miles on one tank. Keep in mind though its been breaking in and I have not used the cruise control very much. I think it will make that easily if you used the cruise and didnt get heavy handed with the throttle. The stock windshield is a joke but Powerbronze has a few options.
Good to know,
It seems the GT comes with the larger seat, at least the best I can tell from the accessory section. Look forward to seeing real world fuel numbers I just cant believe any bike out there could have less than a 200 mile range. Yes you can argue most are ready to get off and stretch etc around the 150 mile mark, but when I commute to work after a 12hr shift the last thing I want to do is swing by the gas station before heading home... Guess I could leave a little early and stop before work smh....

JJ

Good to know,
It seems the GT comes with the larger seat, at least the best I can tell from the accessory section. Look forward to seeing real world fuel numbers I just cant believe any bike out there could have less than a 200 mile range. Yes you can argue most are ready to get off and stretch etc around the 150 mile mark, but when I commute to work after a 12hr shift the last thing I want to do is swing by the gas station before heading home... Guess I could leave a little early and stop before work smh....

JJ

An issue I had with my Triumph America and helped me upgrade (at the time to a Thunderbird) was the 3.5 gallon tank. Driving cross county... on a Sunday... with a head wind... kept my life far too interesting.
-MIG

Back